comag digital sattelite receiver from lidl

mrgentry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
LoNDON
testpie said:
When you say "right LNB socket", do you mean the one right-most (when facing the front of the receiver), or the one to the left of the right-most one? Because the right-most LNB socket is a loop through, whereas the one to the left of this is the LNB input.

What type of dish and LNB are you using?

The one that says "LNB in" right hand side (of the two sockets on the left) as you look at the rear of the box.
Dish 57cm provided, LNB twin digital provided. although i also got the 80cm they sold as well as the single LNB but have not tried them.

testpie

Cheapskate
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Skyline 1000 @ Astra 28.2E(ish)
My Location
North West
mrgentry said:
The one that says "LNB in" right hand side (of the two sockets on the left) as you look at the rear of the box.
Dish 57cm provided, LNB twin digital provided. although i also got the 80cm they sold as well as the single LNB but have not tried them.
Hmm. The only thing i can suggest is to bear in mind that, when looking for satellites other than Astra 28.2E (Sky dishes are aligned to point this way when installed by a Sky engineer), remember to also move your dish so that the LNB is pointing higher up. As a rough guide, Astra 19.2E is a few inches to the right, and a few inches up than a default Sky install dish's direction.

mrgentry

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
LoNDON
i will donate saturday to messing around with it and see what happens. one question though i seems that 19.2E depends in were you live. Living in London is this a good starting point.
Ok having looked into this further it would seem that i need to look 167degrees east with an elevation of 30 for hotbird thoughts on this.