2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
from monday lidl are selling a digital receiver,comes with dish,lmb,cables and fixings,plus a sattelite locator its diseqc 1.2,it also has a DC 12/24 volt,so thats handy for camping,caravaning,comes in a nice carry case(like the one you keep your drill in)3 years warrenty,great if your starting up in the sattelite world,all that for 75 pounds,now does anyone kmow where you can buy all that for only 75 quid,well im getting 1.

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Nice one mate!!

How did you find out about it?? I remember they once did an offer on an analogue set.

Do you know if it will support the use of cams??

Nis

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
no mate just fta

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
sorry m8 dint answer all your question,a leaflet came thrugh the letter box this morning.

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
still a good deal though... think i might invest in one.

jessipops

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting one too. Unfortunately unlike you lot I'm a complete nelly when it comes to anything technical. Can I just plug the thing in, stick the aerial on top of my caravan, press a few knobs and it will work? Also, you'll think me a real thicko, but what channels will I be able to pick up. I mean like, it says on the advertising blurb that you can get BBC3, 4, Sky news, QVC etc., does this mean that you can get the ordinary BBC1, 2 etc., as well. Please bear in mind that I am no techie and I haven't got a clue what a CAM or matrix is. Appreciate any help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need to pretty accurate in pointing the dish, not always easy with a digital receiver, as the signal meter works a second or so in delay.

jessipops

Reaction score
So, assuming there will be other satellite users on the site, if I make sure my dish is pointing in the general vicinity of theirs and then fiddle with it, does that mean I will be able to get a signal (eventually). Also do you have any ideas whether I should get the usual BBC channels as well? Many thanks.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If it's all set up correctly you will be able to receive BBC1 (all regions), BBC2 (all regions) BBC3, BBC4, BBC News 24, BBC Parliament (does anyone ever watch that?), CBBC, CBeebies and some other non BBC FTA channels.

If you look here http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-Kingdom.shtml anything which is on Astra 2A/2B/2D and Eurobird 1 will be watchable. You should also be able to get a few channels that Digiboxes can't as they are limited in their FEC and bit rates.

Whether any are worth watching is another matter!

PaulR

jessipops

Reaction score
Thank you so much, that is really useful, at least I know now that when we're off on our travels in our caravan and it pours with rain, we will at least be able to watch the box. Really appreciate your help guys. I'lll let you know 2 moro how this stupid woman gets on with it. Provided there are any left of course.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
jessipops said:
at least I know now that when we're off on our travels in our caravan and it pours with rain, we will at least be able to watch the box.
A quick thought...

Where are you going touring?

If it's in the UK or near continent then you'll be ok but the further away you go (Spain, Italy, Germany, etc) the more you need a larger dish for some channels.

PaulR

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location

John Williams

Reaction score
Has anyone got one of these Comag Digital receivers from Lidl set up and running? If so what is it like? Any good. I am looking to access Astra 2D(28.2E) and Hotbird 2 (13E) using dual lnb`s on a single dish.

I would be really interested to hear from anyone with experience of this receiver from Lidl.

John

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Cbeagle

Reaction score
Hi I set mine up using there sat finder into a monobloc LNB mounted on a very early SKY 70cm dish with only a piece of chalk to mark out degrees, And within minutes I had Hotbird, and then Astra doing fancy footwork on to Lnb 2 Checking sig quality I had 75% through the spectrum. And thats from a roof at least 35 feet away. So it can be done. Ken.

sarg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable
Hi Lads bought one of these of a mate, I am a novice at this. I have it set up and all I get is weak signal no matter what I do?? Any help on this. I have the dish at the window does it need to be outside or in the loft???

Thanks

SARG

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
Better to have it out side also make sure the lnb cable is going to the lnb not the reciver.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sarg

What satellite do you (think you) set it up on nd what re you trying to receive?

Greg is right - the dish needs to be the other side of the window. Glass is great absorber of radio waves t these frequencies. If it's double glazed it'll practically stop it dead.

PaulR

stanND

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Lidl digibox SL65 & 50cm dish.
My Location
South West Wales
PaulR said:
If it's all set up correctly you will be able to receive BBC1 (all regions), BBC2 (all regions) BBC3, BBC4, BBC News 24, BBC Parliament (does anyone ever watch that?), CBBC, CBeebies and some other non BBC FTA channels.

If you look here http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-Kingdom.shtml anything which is on Astra 2A/2B/2D and Eurobird 1 will be watchable. You should also be able to get a few channels that Digiboxes can't as they are limited in their FEC and bit rates.

Whether any are worth watching is another matter!

PaulR

Yes... Well. Can't get BBC with Lidl's SL65. Box works OK, dozens of chanels and good signal strengths off ASTRA28EAST. Now is this SAT the same beast as ASTRA 2D? Because the TP at 10773GHz seems to be empty. There is a good carrier but attempted TP scan gives message 'Service not Collected'. Has anybody else had this problem???

StanND.