Comag SL 55...

David0

Reaction score
Website
www.hostingphpbb.com
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD + Pace V2 FTA + Comag SL 55 85 CM dish.

Acer Aspire 1691
Intel Centrino M730 Processor 1.6 GHz 533MHz 2MB L2 cache
ATI X700 64 MB PCIE 512 MB DDR+2
80 GB HDD
15.4 IN
DVD RW DL
My Location
Clacton On Sea Essex
I see people are still using these after a year and I would just like to know what you still think of these? I am still happy with my one. I have also not updated it or patched mine and its been fine.

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
Only a year? Great little box. The radio end is top class.A bit tricky with DISCqC.Works even better when patched. Long live theSL55.
John.

Simba27

Panthera leo massaieus
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Comag SL55 receiver. Lidl 0.6 LNB. Lidl 80cm dish. Metronic DiSEqC motor. Phillips Freeview box. JVC SVHS Video .Targa 160GB HDD/DVD recorder. 3 x UHF modulators. 6-way Booster/Splitter.
My Location
Uxbridge UK
Yes. A great little box. Very happy with mine. Needs a DiSEqC motor to get the best out of it.

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yep, good value box. Good with the patch.
I've been given one that my mate has to try to fix - it showed up 'LOAD' on the digital display one day! On switch on it has a flashing led. Anyone any ideas - I've tried lots of restarts.

TIA

bobed

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
bobed said:
Yep, good value box. Good with the patch.
I've been given one that my mate has to try to fix - it showed up 'LOAD' on the digital display one day! On switch on it has a flashing led. Anyone any ideas - I've tried lots of restarts.
TIA
bobed

I don't have one or know the stb but surely if it says load isn't it waiting to download firmware via rs232 or similar????

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
HI bobed,
I know when you hold the stand by switch {on the front] pressed in and switch on and off on the back " Load" flashes on the display. Iwonder if your stand- by switch is stuck pressed in.
John.

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

It now shows a steady led for power, but the number display only shows sometimes, and then its four 4s or something like that! I thought I was getting it to load, but it stopped part way through.

Doesn't look good....

lidlbox

Reaction score
This load situation happens if an update fails during the flash period. Try some different loaders, there a few out there. You will need the correct one to flash. If updating is stopping. Switch off stb and leave idle for about 10 mins. Use the loader to revert to the original fw first. Then you can move on.

bobed

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but it was coming up with 'load' even though it was working previously. Its now at a stage where it only shows the display intermittently! I think its probably a hardware rather than software fault.

basser

Reaction score
I too have had trouble with my comag sl55. I phoned LIDL where I bought it and they are replacing it with a new one. I had to contact a seperate company who deal with the warnties. Hopfully it won't take too long.

by the way can you down load software or something to crack channels from hotbird on these machines?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
basser said:
by the way can you down load software or something to crack channels from hotbird on these machines?

:-Welcome1

Yes you can, but not on this forum.

Do a search for Comag and more posts will explain better...