bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
darkbox rev2007 Reciever + old pace sky box
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
I have an old pace prima analoge box and also a pace 1.3.34/9f0102 digi box focused on uk sky sat "working fine" can I combine these with a mono bloc lnb ? if so how do i join the coax to both boxes, do i need a diseqc switch.where is this fitted is it better to use a mono block or 2 single lnb's. also can someone tell me what the attached device is for ,it has a sat cable in and out also thin wire to scart

Attachments

• Sat thing.jpg
    Sat thing.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 14

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That is a frequency extender, was used for the very old analogue receivers and LNBs to receive a few extra channels, no real use for it now.

If you are using a standard Sky digibox, then your best bet would be to have a two LNB setup on an offset arm, with the Astra 28.2° LNB cabled to the digibox and the Astra 19.2° East LNB running to your analogue receiver.

bwizz

bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
thanks that answers 2 parts of my problem but assuming I used a diseqc switch to combine into one cable how do I re split into 2 receivers at the other end ,I thought splitters were bad practice.Thanks Brian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can't use DiseqC, as neither the analogue receiver, nor the Sky digibox have DiseqC.

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve here.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
bwizz said:
thanks that answers 2 parts of my problem but assuming I used a diseqc switch to combine into one cable how do I re split into 2 receivers at the other end ,I thought splitters were bad practice.Thanks Brian

As rolf says you cant use disecq. Therefore you need to run 2 seperate cable runs, one off each lnb running to each receiver.

bwizz

bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
oik seems disecq is for modern equipment .no way to avoid seperate cabe runs then ?

bwizz

bwizz
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
70 CM OVAL DISH
multi lnb
My Location
Cornwall UK
Ok thanks not sure what a stacker /de looks like but 2 good reasons for not using one cheers all Brian .