Combined receiver required (UK Sky and Dolce Romanian TV)?

welshwolf1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky tv, apple mack
My Location
swansea
Hi,

I am a newbie to the world of satellite hardware. I have been working overseas and now returned to UK. I have an old Pace sky receiver which i set up at my mothers home and used to feed the signal using a slingbox. My wife is Romanian and also have Dolce (operating from hellas sat 2). I want to buy a new receiver that will combine the both and read the official cards for both Sky UK and Dolce. I also want to record and have the capability to receive HD etc.

Any recomendations welcome

Many thanks.

Barry

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
There's certainly no official box that will do what you want but you might be able to use one of the Linux boxes to get what you want. it would have to have at least two tuners, one for each satellite, but if there is something available that will take more than two then a second one to either (or both if the box will take four!) will mean that you can watch and record from the same satellite at the same time.

It might be worth investigating a Media Centre box which is basically a computer with at least one tuner card for satellites. Not too sure about the card reading capabilities of such a setup though.

bonou2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong 4500, openbox X801, vantage 7100ts, vantage X201 CI, goldenmedia 9080,goldenmedia uni-box2,tbs6925+,inverto black ultra+C120,panorama er-861, zinwell lnb 15K C- band,intersat 20K
My Location
Romania
dolce unfortunately does not work in another receiver (Linux boxes):mad:
worked earlier but nds cut with knife :mad: