Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Can anyone tell me the point of having seperate 4:3 and 16:9 channels ? I've often asked sky directly but they just don't answer me.
The digibox has the option under picture settings of 16:9 or 4:3 or letterbox. Which means you don't need to have seperate channels. SKY could theoretically just transmit in 16:9 and the viewers could all, depending on their tv, set up the digibox accordingly. All sky are doing, in transmitting on different channels, is filling the the bloody epg with unnecessary channels.
Methos.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hope not Schematic, they've only recently done it, it could be the final straw for many people if they did.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Unfortunately, just like cigarettes, once youre hooked (or you have a family that watches TV), another price hike will be accepted

The loss of customer is outweighed by the incresed revenue

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've got to say that last time they did it I reduced from the top package to the family package, its not a huge drop if I leave it altogether, as I mostly watch news channels, Sci-Fi and Sky one.

Deanobajio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
England
I thought when they announced the Sky channels going widescreen that they did mean turning the existing SkyOne/Movies channels, not adding seperate channels. Surely there wouldn't be much point in launching them seperate as it would just cost them more.

I imagined it would just be like the BBC channels, showing widescreen broadcasts, whenever available, on their existing channels.