Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
tripple LNB- 19,28.2, 13e
now actively CS
My Location
Harrow, Middlesex, Greater London
guys i read this guide back in 2005 and to this day it makes no sense. it really is about time that this guide was updated. its so badly constructed and it really doesnt follow in any logical order. and considering that its aimed at newcomers to dreamboxes, it only creates more confusion than anything else.

essentially it needs a massive overhaul

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I appreciate your comments , after all this is a democratic forum. From the comments though the majority of newbies find it very useful. But, as you seem to have clear and structured ideas how to do it why don't you go ahead and do it?

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
kirit said:
essentially it needs a massive overhaul

It would be good if all this information could be put into a wiki on this forum.

rogue_element

Reaction score
I for one found it very helpful and without it would only have a dreambox shaped door stop.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rogue_element said:
I for one found it very helpful and without it would only have a dreambox shaped door stop.

Hahaha that's a good one RG :)
I will never forget the moment: Got my new dreambox, flashed an image (wrong one of course) and the bloody thing would only blink. That's when I had that thought about me having a very expensive paper weight.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If I point new users to The Guide I try to ask for feedback of any points that are unclear so that I can amend the guide.

Where feedback has been provided in the past I've updated the guide.

gsteigwiler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020HD / DM800HD
Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
Yes it could be updated, so that even a 5 year old could set one up, but if you followed such a guide then would you feel that you had achieved anything, I dont think so.

If anyone has any doubts about " The Idiots Guides " in what ever format that they come in, I suggest that they read " Dreambox or Nightmare - A Newbies tale of despair and happiness ", because from my point of view the Idiots Guide and the references and links that they contain are priceless.
Thanks again to all the people who wrote the various guides and references.

A note to MHKU :- Sorry about you having to spend your time editing SRG SSR, I will try and remember not to leave the links live.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
gsteigwiler said:
Yes it could be updated, so that even a 5 year old could set one up, but if you followed such a guide then would you feel that you had achieved anything, I dont think so.

I don't agree with you.

The first thing you want to do after spending several hundred pounds on a new Dreambox is to make it work. After that you can play around learning as much or as little as you want too.

I spent £400 on a new 7025+ and could not get it to decode what I had bought it for. I had a very stressful week or so until I got it working. That's why I help everyone I can on the several different forums I use.

I also think that some of those who do know how to drive a Dreambox forget how complicated even the simple things are to new users.

I stand by my statement that the idiots guide is full of really good information. It is just poorly laid out due to the adhoc way the info is added. I mentioned a wiki in an earlier post, I suggested it because I use this one on a Mondeo forum _http://www.fordmondeo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page, it has a superb easy to use layout. I am sure most people would agree that has an easy to use interface that everyone and add too and edit as things change or new information is found out.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I agree it could be ordered better and it's on my list of things to do. But finishing my kitchen takes priority ;)

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
mhku said:
I agree it could be ordered better and it's on my list of things to do. But finishing my kitchen takes priority ;)

LOL don't start me off on what I should be doing instead of playing with dreamboxes ;)

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi i want to know where i can post questions regarding the guide. I want to know about the communication setup and how i add the ip to my windows firewall? Also in the how to network info i am unsure as to which connection i am supposed to allow sharing if i do it for the LAN connection which is what i have connected to my dreambox it says LAN cable unplugged any help greatly appreciated!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you have some specific points start a new thread, link to the posts that you are having trouble with (in the Guide) and tell us the steps you've taken and what didn't work. Screenshots are useful.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
mhku said:

Have you finished that kitchen yet? ;):)