commtel tv plus problems

Wats0n

Reaction score
Hi there, not sure if this is the right forum, as I see ones for other frequecies and such.

But anyway here goes, and if its not could a mod/admin move it please :D

I bought a commtel tv plus addon so I could have my sky in a room up the stairs. I installed the whole thing properly, and got everything working except I had a snowy picture. So I decided to check the net and see if I could find a fix for this, and I came accross these forums.

So as I was looking I entered a code to try and get my remote to work with my TV, so it could work the sound, this code did not work, and I seem to have stopped the actual commtel from recieving my Remote upstairs.

I phoned sky, and have since tested the actual unit, and it works fine, as I had it plugged direct into the system.

I have since fixed the snowy problem, all I had to do was change the RF channel from 66 to 68, and the picture is perfect again.

I have tried reseting my remote, turning everything off, and trying it that way, but still I cant get my remote to work with the system up the stairs, I turned on the RF outlef power, and have made sure it was off, when reseting, and trying the whole set up proceedure again. But this still didnt work.

Sky did say it was the Coaxial cable, but it worked before I entered this code, and the wire has not been touched. So I am thinking that it is something I have done. I am looking for any help in getting this working again. And hope someone here may have some know how

Thanks

Watson

tony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
engineer
My Location
cambridge
I have exactly the same problem, mine stopped working as well, the only thing changed was my next door neighbour decided to move my dish just enough to cause some channels to break down, I hope some one will say it was this the cause,
I know enough to get confused, but not fix it.
Tony

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately I have no idea what a commtel TV plus is but if your neighbour has moved your dish and you are getting picture breakup, it will be the dish which needs realigning.

PS. Would have been better to start your own thread, as this one is three years old.

What is your exact setup?

Edit, I see it is a TV link system.