Communication setup using wireless

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
Hi I have just purchased a belkin wireless gaming adapter so I can connect my dreambox wirelessly to the router (and hence internet). I have included a screenshot of my current communication setup and wondered what alterations I have to make. I know the ip address of my router i.e. i put the address in the bar and it brings up the router page on screen it begins with 86. BTW I am currently connected to my laptop via crossover. Any help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 54

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Its going to be tough for anyone who is not familiar with that particular wifi adaptor to tell you how to set it up.

I would suggest you try to get it working with your laptop first, once you get it going with the laptop it should be easy to set it up on the DB.

I'm guessing that your main DSL router (thats connected to your phoneline) would have an IP address of either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254. I've never seen one set up as you have here 192.168.1.100.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
so does the main dsl router address go in nameserver or gateway???BTW I am not requesting help with setting up the wifi adapter I am requesting help with setting up the communication page on my dreambox Thanks!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Router IP address is the gateway. A nameserver is a DNS server- you can put the router IP address but I prefer to use my ISPs DNS server IP addresses.

How you configure the wifi adapter will be up to you but if it's similar to a normal wifi router setup as an access point, the gateway IP address in the wifi adapter will be your main router IP address.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
erukus said:
so does the main dsl router address go in nameserver or gateway???
Yes, Usually.

Have you confirmed that the wireless adaptor is working as it should? This is why i suggested you connect it to your laptop.

Is your network using DHCP? If so enable DHCP on the dreambox so that it gets the correct settings automatically, You may need to restart.

Once the DB has the settings you can write them down then, dissable DHCP if you like and change the IP on the DB to whatever you like, Just dont touch the the Gateway,Subnet, nameserver addresses.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Cool i have setup using belking wireless G gaming adapter succesfully. My big question now is can my laptop interact with my dreambox and if so how i.e. how do i now ftp????

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you using fixed IP addresses or did you limit the IP addresses issued by the DHCP server in the wireless router?

Provided you know the IP address of the dreambox, open a web browser on your laptop and type in the IP address of the dreambox
e.g.

http://192.168.0.24

You can use a web browser to FTP files to your Dreambox or use a simple FTP program like FileZilla on your laptop.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
ok done that now everything is working fine thanks for all the help for getting me to this point I couldnt have got this far without the help recieved from you and this forum Originally used DHCP and then change the dreambox address