CompactFlash & Viacess CAM

Andyalots

Reaction score
Hi guys;
mine is just a question, but......
I was wondering:

IS IT POSSIBLE TO EMULATE A VIACESS CAM WITH A COMPACTFLASH ADAPTER & OBVIUSLY A COMPACTFLASH CARD? OR THERE IS SOME KIND OF HARDWARE PROBLEM?

I'm totally new in satellite, & I've understand just this:

A Viacess CAM is a PCMCI Card with some kind of descramble protocol inside it & it need's a HEX code to descramble properly the correct signal; this code can be written on a smart card.

Am I correct till this point?

Now, if it's possible to load on a CF card the right protocol of Viacess & also the HEX code, should it work or not????

There is someone who knows something about?

P.S. the question is pure theory

Thanks to everyone.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
It seems interesting. I am sure we have lots of experts in our forum and they will try to explore and keep us updated.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
A compact flash card can only store information whereas a CAM or PCMCI card can be programmed to perform calculations etc.

It is OK to store the Hex codes on a card as these codes are information that allows the other part - CAM/PCMCI - to perform it's programmed magic.

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Hi Gameboy

Is it possible to write a file into a CAM using compactflash writer? (say an alternative to CAS2 interface?).