Comparison between Grundig GDS3000 and Panasonic DSB30

Andrew Steel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Azuqueca de Henares, 45km NE of Madrid
Has anyone in a fringe reception area been able to compare the performance of the Grundig GDS3000 and the Panasonic DSB30?

Is there a marked difference?

I've got the Grundig GDS3000, which I bought new in the golden age of FTV on Astra 2A, 2B.

At the moment, in my location (Madrid), I can only get a good signal from the horizontal frequencies on Astra 2D (1.35m Tecatel offset dish and MTI AP8-T2 LN:cool: from approx 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CET). The vertical frequencies are a lot poorer.

I was wondering whether a Panasonic DSB30 might make a worthwhile improvement.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Was speaking to a member earlier today Andrew and he has problems on channel 4 with the Grundig, but it was achievable with the Panasonic, so yes I would say there is a difference.

thomo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Andrew Steel said:
Has anyone in a fringe reception area been able to compare the performance of the Grundig GDS3000 and the Panasonic DSB30?

Is there a marked difference?

I've got the Grundig GDS3000, which I bought new in the golden age of FTV on Astra 2A, 2B.

At the moment, in my location (Madrid), I can only get a good signal from the horizontal frequencies on Astra 2D (1.35m Tecatel offset dish and MTI AP8-T2 LN:cool: from approx 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. (CET). The vertical frequencies are a lot poorer.

I was wondering whether a Panasonic DSB30 might make a worthwhile improvement.

Thanks.
panasonic beter, andrew, i am 5 hours drive south from you in seville, i only need a 1m dish here with pan 30, and get perfect reception for all fta, bbc, itv, ch5, 5 etc, over the weekend i fitted a friends dish, using my pana box to set it up, i had to ajust skew on lnb to recieve channel 4, then when i put the grundig on , no channel 4 ! i dont know if ajusting skew again will bring it back in, as i cant get back up to the dish again at the moment. But generally i have had no problems with panasonics, i get about 70% strength and 35% quality, no fading or picture break up at any time of day, storms and a big downpoor give problems, but as you probably know it dont rain that much down here !!

barney

Reaction score
thomo said:
panasonic beter, andrew, i am 5 hours drive south from you in seville, i only need a 1m dish here with pan 30, and get perfect reception for all fta, bbc, itv, ch5, 5 etc, over the weekend i fitted a friends dish, using my pana box to set it up, i had to ajust skew on lnb to recieve channel 4, then when i put the grundig on , no channel 4 ! i dont know if ajusting skew again will bring it back in, as i cant get back up to the dish again at the moment. But generally i have had no problems with panasonics, i get about 70% strength and 35% quality, no fading or picture break up at any time of day, storms and a big downpoor give problems, but as you probably know it dont rain that much down here !!
Hi, when you set the skew for C4,and to get it, is this the best for astra 2d? or move it for the best signal on 2d?
Very thanks for your reply
Barney

Joe50

Reaction score
My Location
Surrey UK / Austria
From what I know about the subject the Panasonic and the Grundig both have the same tuner modules. I do know however that the Panasonic is a bit more sensitive and selective to the weaker signals. This is probably due to the slight difference in the design of the Recievers.If you need to replace your Panasonic the Pace 2600 is a very good reciever but the Pace minibox is the most sensitive Digibox that I have ever seen. The problem is that if you can get one it's going to be a lot more expensive then the £99.00 it was priced at when they were introduced.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on
All the best
Joe50

sayireand

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Madrid
Andrew,

I'm in Plaza Castilla. The best box at the moment is the Pace 2600. Works better than the Grundig and the Panasonics.

Joe50

Reaction score
My Location
Surrey UK / Austria
Just as a matter of interest what size of dish have you got?
regards
joe50