Complete NEWBEE , Extra channels on HDR box

markVm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Hampshire
Hi

I'm sure this will be a very silly question ?

I've just upgraded from Topup TV to Freesat HD . I see there is a CAM hole and wondered what channels I can get on top of the freesat range,

Was hoping for some sky channels or extra HD channels, what CAM do I need and card to go with it, do I need to programe it, and what with and what would it do, :confused

If anyone can give some pointers what is best ?? if there is a guide on what to do and how to do it, please PM ;) me or point me in the right direction,

cheers :-worship

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum markVm

So you have moved from terrestrial digital TV to satellite Freesat digital TV. Well unfortunately what you can see on your freesat receiver is what you can get on your freesat receiver regardless of what you do. Sky is totally secure so no channels can be added with any addition as there is no available cam for a FSFS card.

The only way you could possibly make more use is if your stb (the make of which you have not said) supports disecq commands and your dish is big enough to use an offset lnb arm to receive a satellite nearby to 28.2/5

Please note PM facilities only available after a trial period and a certain number of posts

markVm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HDR
My Location
Hampshire
Topper said:
Welcome to the forum markVm

So you have moved from terrestrial digital TV to satellite Freesat digital TV. Well unfortunately what you can see on your freesat receiver is what you can get on your freesat receiver regardless of what you do. Sky is totally secure so no channels can be added with any addition as there is no available cam for a FSFS card.

The only way you could possibly make more use is if your stb (the make of which you have not said) supports disecq commands and your dish is big enough to use an offset lnb arm to receive a satellite nearby to 28.2/5

Please note PM facilities only available after a trial period and a certain number of posts

Ok,, said I was a newbee , lol

yep. Glad I did the swap but miss a few of the channels to record and would like a few more HD channels if possible ??. I've got the Humax Foxsat HDR PVR. (think thats what its called) its the HD freesat with the recorder in,

the new style sky dish with quad lnb running 2 feeds to the box. if that helps

Any help would be great :p

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you want a decent selection of HD channels then you will need to subscribe to Sky and buy the HD package!

At the moment you have

BBC HD
ITV HD (very part time atm)
Luxe HD (lifestyle and not the sort of thing you are going to watch for more than a few minutes at a time)

and I think thats it.