Complete newbie, have a few important questions, please help!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The SG-2100 is also USALS compatible Kalamar.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I thought the STAB HH-120 was actually the same motor?

tandeh

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
I thought the STAB HH-120 was actually the same motor?
No the moteck is different as you can compare the spec, i also noticed that a newer version of the Sg2100 is out released in MAY as SG2100A, lucky i waited :) i will get this hopefully, but i can only find dutch or german online shops, i do not know if they are reliable, i heard about HMSAt and they are only ones who replied to my enquiry about dishes, but its all in german???????????(the site)

anyone got a list of or reccomend any reputable online shops/retailers, i am looking to buy the Hirschmann Perfect 90cm dish (or something alluminium and as good if not better) and the Moteck SG2100A Diseqc HH motor.

the web is driving me crazy trying to get a good supplier, Hirschmann have not replied to my enquiries, c'mon someone reccommend something, i will not hold it against you ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
tandeh said:
c'mon someone reccommend something, i will not hold it against you ;)

LOL, you say that now. :)

Try giving HM-Sat a ring, they do have at least one English speaker there.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
tandeh said:
anyone got a list of or reccomend any reputable online shops/retailers, i am looking to buy the Hirschmann Perfect 90cm dish (or something alluminium and as good if not better) and the Moteck SG2100A Diseqc HH motor.

the web is driving me crazy trying to get a good supplier, Hirschmann have not replied to my enquiries, c'mon someone reccommend something, i will not hold it against you ;)

Why go online, since you have not given your location, nobody can give a recommended installer nearby, who will know the climate conditions of wind speed, worst wind / winter conditions, or previous exprience of the aforementioned motors that may or may not be suitable for the system you require.

Location please .

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
PS. Hirschmann, just like many brand names in the UK - Strong , GBSat, or Manhattan for example , are not manufacturers, they are outlets for Korean designed and manufactured products into the UK

tandeh

Reaction score
I am from manchester whalley range (next to Old trafford and Moss side), I just want to know anywhere i can buy the mentioned products.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
kalamar said:
Im sorry but I strongly disagree with that statement rolwf.

I have it working with several USALS receivers Kalamar, if it doesn't have USALS, it does a pretty good impression of it. ;)

tandeh

Reaction score
what is USAL and what is the advantage of it?

also back to the topic anyone help me in finding a supplier for the above lot?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
USALS is an acronym for Universal SAtellite Locating System, just means that if your receiver and motor share the system, you simply need to set your motor up on the Due South satellite, type your coordinates into the receiver and the motor will know where to find the other satellites.

Afraid I have no idea where you can source the above items though.

tandeh

Reaction score
what is the advantage of the Herschmann perfect 90cm over the Raven gemini 90cm apart from the over double the price, what about the Kathrien dishes i see tese evrywhere , any good?

i have ordered the SG2100A (supposed new model released May 2004) it only cost me just over £59 delivered from europe.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Hirschmann is an aluminium dish so is lighter, they are also good quality. The raven is pretty well made also, but is heavier, don't know about the Kathrien dishes, never used them.

tandeh

Reaction score
anyone ever brought any item from this shop, he iso ebay: http://www.elektroschotte.de

he is the cheapest i have come across, and does cash on delivery. i can't read german but i want the red version, any german readers help me?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The red version of what tandeh? Can't see anything sat related in his list.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
heres a good place for sat.equipment but its in dutch www.futuresat.nl thats where i get all my stuff from and they are really good and informative.

TWAG

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
USALS is an acronym for Universal SAtellite Locating System, just means that if your receiver and motor share the system, you simply need to set your motor up on the Due South satellite, type your coordinates into the receiver and the motor will know where to find the other satellites.

Afraid I have no idea where you can source the above items though.

USALS is a system derived from requests by the TeleSatellite TV presenter Christian Mass. For any product with this system within it, I would advice looking through the online reports of the magazine first.