complete setup advice

p5yco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
norfolk
hi, i will hopefully be installing a motorised setup at the weekend and i have done a fair amount of reading, however i am still unclear on a couple of things. this is my system: technomate 1500ci+ super, technomate disceqc motor, 0.2 lnb, and a 90cm dish. i live i hellesdon, norfolk, east anglia.
1, once i have attatched the dish and motor to my ground stand, what direction MUST the dish be pointing to start with? what angle also?
2, once i have done that, do i just turn my receiver on and search for all satellites or is it not as simple as that? i have other peoples comments and got confused as some say it must be pointing directly south, and others say to have it pointing at thor 1w so it can sweep across the arc of satellites?
3, are there any other measurements i need to know longitude/latitude etc?
4, any advice?
thanks very much to anybody who has the kindness to help me out. thanks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum p5yco
p5yco said:
1. once i have attatched the dish and motor to my ground stand, what direction MUST the dish be pointing to start with? what angle also?
The first thing to do is forget about the motor at that stage and find 1 deg W Thor as that is the highest point of the arc for you in England.

p5yco said:
2, once i have done that, do i just turn my receiver on and search for all satellites or is it not as simple as that? i have other peoples comments and got confused as some say it must be pointing directly south, and others say to have it pointing at thor 1w so it can sweep across the arc of satellites?
It must be pointing at the satellite that is at the highest point of the Clarke curve as viewed from where you are

p5yco said:
3, are there any other measurements i need to know longitude/latitude etc?
You need to read and possibly printout the info in this thread