conax 303 to 4

j6786

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 3.03 Conax Cam and was wondering how it is possible (or indeed, if it is possible) to upgrade it to version 4. I have the bin file but I have no software with which to program it.

I've done Irdeto cams via the PCMCIA slot in a laptop, I'd love to know if it's possible with a Conax...

jack

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hi Jack

I noticed you asked this question last May so I guess info on the subject is pretty thin. I'm pants with conax except to say that I don't know of any hacks for it so do you want to go to V 4.0 for an official card?

A year ago someone asked if a 3.03 conax cam could be converted to another format. 2old replied thus

If this is a EuroCAM manufactured by SCM then it can be loaded with the firmware of any other Euro CAM (there are Euro CAM versions for Irdeto, Alphacrypt, Cryptoworks, Viaccess, Nagravision, and Mediaguard/Astoncrypt I believe).

That's the only help I can give you.

Jimbo

j6786

Reaction score
Hi,

It's not for an original card, it's to watch nagravision via the conaxis card. I understand the internals differ from the eurocam; rather they are the same as the viaccess black cam.

Seeing as it is doing nothing but collecting dust for the past 2 years, I was keen to use it for at least something.

jack

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Has far has i know there is not an easy upgrade path for the conax cam.

It requires the removal of the eeprom - not an easy task its a very small LFQP 9 low Flat Quad Profile) device requiring slightly specilist equipment for both removing and soldering.

Regards

old Satellite

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
well if I were you I'd leave it as it is and dust off your season interface. See conax forum...

willy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::none
iv seen on alot of sites that conax is hacked hold on to it for now