Conax Cams

Globalboy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi here is my first post.

As the Posters on this forum seem to know there stuff I would ask a question that has been bugging me.

I am about to purchase a number of Conax cams for my Clients offical cards which I am getting shortly.

BUT what is the differance in all the Cams I have seen Version 4.0 for about £100 and have seen 3.03 and 2.02 far cheaper.

Will only some cams work with newer cards or what ?

Also they all have manhattan Recivers.

Thanks

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
In general you should avoid the older releases if you have a choice. Certainly if you are purchasing them for clients' official subscriptions. This is because the new versions may sometimes include functionality which the old ones did not. This is the case, for example, with Astoncrypt modules used for the Mediaguard ("seca") transmissions. Old versions 1.01-1.04 do not support Pay-per-view applications when used with the new Mediaguard v1+ ("seca2") cards. Another example: early versions of the Viaccess CI were not updateable over-the-air; later ones were.

New versions can also incorporate bug-fixes to improve channel-zapping/etc. Or they may incorporate better security against hacking.

I'm not knowledgeable on the Conax CAMs specifically though. I do know that the older versions continue to work, but do not know the nuances of the newer versions.

2old

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello Globalboy and welcome.

The latest version of the conax cam is 4.0 It works with all official conax cards. I've seen it from a reliable supplier for £89 inc. vat.

P

palco1603

Ver 4.0 will work fine with official subs on 1west, my clients have had no probs with strong/samsung and manhattan stb's.