Conax on Manhattan 5900

soapysoap

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Iwas across my M8s last night who has just had his 5900 returned from repair. We were on Thor watching all the PPV and even watched the live football on the afternoon which was all encrypted in Conax. The 5900 has an embedded magic cam but he doesn't know what type of card he has got (bloke in pub etc etc). His card wouldn't decrypt via irdeto or naig though so I don't think it was a 6 in 1. I was under the impression that conax couldn't be hacked without a season interface etc. I'd like to be able to get the above channels but being a newbie I'm not sure aboutwhat Prog to use and what cam I'd need (i.e. would a technomate 5000 or skyline 3000 with an Irdeto 2 cam decrpt conax with a 6 in 1 card or would I need another set up.
Any advice would be gratefully accepted as it seems to be a bit of minfield as regards to buying obsolete kit,
Thanx
Soapy

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi m8
The only ways at the moment to decrypt conax is with a magic module + pentacrypt 1.10 or 1.11.The conax keys are in the pentacrypt software.
Another way is to use a season interface with a conax cam, or a receiver that has a built in conax slot like Force 1122s.
It also works on the Samsung DSR9500 when patched with 118 software (Freecam ?), and maybe a few others as well.

Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Also with a PCI satellite card, Skystar 1, Skystar 2, etc, no cards or interfaces, just a bit of software, only problem is that its on your PC, not your TV, unless that is, you have a TV out on the satellite or graphics card.

soapysoap

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanx,
but does that mean the embedded magic module can use the same software as a normal one or are you stuck with the version of Pentacrypt that was loaded at the factory?
It looks like my m8s 6in 1 card is doing nothing as he can't decrypt anything but conax
Thanx again for the info
Soapy