conax on pc

steviewilson

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi all - great forum.

Whats the best way to receive conax channels using a pc setup (1deg W?) mainly to receive the footy (is conax best for footy?) and whats minimum pc spec should i have? Roughly how much cash are we looking at to get started?
Cheer in advance
Stevie
Glasgow

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Stevie, the only ways to receive Conax at the moment is to either buy a a genuine subscription (difficult from the UK), or to buy one of the pirate cards available at £300 or so, these could stop working at any time.

Earlier in the year it was possible with a Skystar2 PC card at £60 and a 1Ghz computer, but no longer I'm afraid.

steviewilson

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Thanks for your reply mate. So at the moment whats the best way to get the footy (english, scottish, whatever) especially on sat afternoon. Easier on PC or buy a receiver and do my own cards? Do I really need a mototrised dish to get the best footy coverage?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There's quite a bit of football available, but to get the best choice you will really need a motor, or more than one dish. Hispasat is good on 30W, plus there is some on 19E as well, not really my thing, but I'm sure that one of the members will be able to give you more information.

The Skystar 2 with a good DiseqC motor and a 75cm Raven dish, will probably pull in most of what you want, depending where you are in the UK.

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
I have a skystar2 and 80cm dish pointed at 30w, get quite a bit of footy including a couple of saturday matches and many replays...