Confused by Bin file?

B

BarrieAd

Hi all,I am having a problem with some ds9 files when trying to update my silver card. If the files I use are both hexs then there is not a problem however if one of the files is a Bin file then on my VX multiprogrammer I get the message "not intel hex file" and it will not programme.

Now being a relative newbie at this game I have been through various threads here and not found an answer, I have also been to the sat4all site and looked at various pages on there but I am not practiced enough to get very far using some of the recommended downloads from there, I know practice makes perfect but I got a headache just reading some of the stuff on that site(very interesting though, just a bit to complicated for me at this time).

I suppose what I am trying to say is, is there a simple way of converting Bin files to hex files?

Regards
Barrie

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes there is Barrie, you can use Picbined you can get it from http://dagobert.useon.com/ look under downloads/editors.

Rolf

B

BarrieAd

Thanks Rolfw, D/Ld picbined 1.53 looked at it, then looked again then went for the Asprin, I guess I will experiment with it but just one thing how do I open programme using my VX? Do you know (or anyone) where theres a tutorial for people like me (desperate to learn but a little bit in awe of it all).

I am sure you guys all genned up on this must be fed up with newbies like me asking what must seem like dumb questions but speaking for myself and many others I'm sure we really appreciate your fantastic efforts to point us in the right direction.

Regards
Barrie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Must confess Barrie that I've never converted a bin to hex, I've always managed to find files with the Hex already converted. I'll have a play with it later if I get a chance, if Nobbly signs on he'll be able to tell you straight away.

Rolf

TB

Reaction score
I've got a programme not sure what its called, swap summit, you just drag the bin/hex file over the icon, and a new file is produced, either bin or hex, its genuis, I'll send it you if you want.

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

Use the picbined to open up the bin file, then click on file saves as, on the save as type option, select Hex file.

Regards

Prince

B

BarrieAd

Hi TB, that sounds just perfect, Blimey if its that easy I just might be able to manage it so if you could send me it I would be very grateful. I will send you my E mail address by PM.

Regards
Barrie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Try here Barrie, http://www.satellitehopper.com/ look under Editors.

Rolf