Confused freeview box...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
My poor poor oggle box is rather confused, it's picking up 2 transmitters and it's really cockerelled up the channel list, even on a cheap set-top aerial it's picking up another transmitter, so I'm stuck... :confused

I'm actually getting another one soon, same box, same model etc. so we'll see if it's a fault with the box itself or whether the switchover is killing off supposedly compatible freeview boxes... :-Nooo

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Factory reset the receiver.

Manually scan the wanted multiplexes... best to do it after tomorrow though :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
satelliteman said:
Factory reset the receiver.

Manually scan the wanted multiplexes... best to do it after tomorrow though :D

Can't find a Factory Reset on the Oggle, and the instructions are long gone (or well hidden in my boxes of stuff!!!)... :(

I tried clearing out all the channels and manually scanning the strong signal channels, but to no avail, still all messed up and missing a few channels, sooo, yeah... :(

I'll wait until I get the "new" Oggle, could be today, could be tomorrow, who knows (ebay purchase you see!!! Item No. 180408233083 )... (

I have just had it open, and the tuner casing looks rusty, but the board inside it looked unaffected, it's a Thomson tuner too... :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
It's possible you could have too much signal coming in. In addition, try a 3 or 6dB attenuator on the input.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hmm, I had an attenuator somewhere, but I have no idea where it is, or if I still have it... :(

I was thinking that maybe it's the aerial, the Oggle box, prior to me moving back in with the mother, was last retuned on the aerial on my old house, and up until a few months back, it was fine, but when the likes of Virgin1 and Dave Ja Vu came along, I decided to retune it, and that's when it went to pot!!! :eek:

I have no idea what type of aerial we have up in the loft, but I'm guessing it's a wideband, but the set top aerial, jammed into a screw hole out in the workshop, I'm not too sure, it was only a couple of quid!!! :cool:

Still, I shall persist, well, when the new Oggle arrives, right now I'm not that fussed, I can sort out retuning tomorrow or Thursday... :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Found this site and this technique to "Reset" a freeview box:

_http://www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php?faqid=1107051116

Very useful looking idea, I think I shall try that later on... :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
This site has quite a large selection of guides and manuals. Maybe yours is there?

_http://www.tvretune.co.uk/productmanuals/

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I got the other Oggle today, and it has a manual with it, so now know how to work it again (and how to reset it, it's Menu - 0000 and it resets itself and goes into Standby, then when you switch it on, it is as though it were brand new out of the box.... :)

BUT, same thing, mixed up channels, confusion between transmitters, it's a right PITA!!! O-st

First it's the TV not being able to retune due to a sony software fault, then it's these two very nice boxes that just cannot get the channels in the right order!!! And they say the Switchover is supposed to be an easy transition!!! My ar53!!! :mad:

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Did you try a manual scan for the wanted transmitter?

_http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/dtt_pocket_guide_4_1.pdf

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
satelliteman said:
Did you try a manual scan for the wanted transmitter?

_http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/dtt_pocket_guide_4_1.pdf

Yep, no change, screwed up channel lists... :(

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Your box isn't alone, it has most of the Panasonic TUCT boxes for company.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If the transmitters are in different parts of the uhf band then just disconnect the aerial for half the scan.