Not open for further replies.

Johndoe

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
Us
I was looking for some help on how to connect my STB(Coship- CDVBC5120) to my computer,so as to watch the channels on the comp.I'm totally new to all this stuff, and am not sure on the equipment i need(tv tuner,cables,etc), it'll be great if u can shed some light on the subject for me.My comp's graphics card only has a Tv-out(Svideo) and the STB has an Svideo, CVBS and an RS232 port.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A PCI TV card should do the trick, then just run a coax cable from the Coship RF out.

avernus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Coship DIgital Cable Receiver(CDVBC5120)
My Location
India
Thanks for replying...ok,i'm shooting in the dark here...i always figured that the whole point of a tv tuner card was to convert the analogue to digital for use by the PC. But doesn't the STB do that by itself...so shudn't i just need some kind of cable for it connect to the comp?? My comps graphics card only has a Tv-out(Svideo) and the STB has an Svideo, CVBS and an RS232 port.

Also, the STB has an Irdeto access card, currently the RF out goes to my TV and i can only see the Free channels, the pay channels can only be seen with the " Video " of the TV. So if i were to connect the RF to the tv tuner wont i only get the free channels?

avernus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
I was looking for some help on how to connect my STB(Coship- CDVBC5120)
to my computer,so as to watch the channels on the comp.I'm totally new to all this stuff, and am not sure on the equipment i need(tv tuner,cables,etc), it'll be great if u can shed some light on the subject for me.My comp's graphics card only has a Tv-out(Svideo) and the STB has an Svideo, CVBS and an RS232 port.

ok,i'm shooting in the dark here...i always figured that the whole point of a tv tuner card was to convert the analogue to digital for use by the PC. But doesn't the STB do that by itself...so shudn't i just need some kind of cable for it connect to the comp??

Also, the STB has an Irdeto access card, currently the RF out goes to my TV and i can only see the Free channels, the pay channels can only be seen with the " Video " of the TV. So if i were to connect the RF to the tv tuner wont i only get the free channels?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The RF out on the satellite receiver will carry whatever the receiver is decrypting, you will just have to split the output and send one to your TV, plus one to the computer. There are video capture cards around like this http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/video_capture.html#3000 but the tv tuner card is easier and has very easy recording features.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Rolfw is trying to explain that you need 'something' (a pci or usb TV card) to input it into your computer!, your s-video out on your grafix card will simply show a picture of your computer screen if connected to something with s-video input (not the stb).
TV cards are cheap enough now for RF input as rolfw says, but I suspet you may be wanting to record some stuff onto PC (if converting to DVD, very pc demanding and time consuming), you'll need a tv card with AV or s-video input (sound usually into sound card).

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
avernus, you have signed up to the forum with two different userID's (also Johndoe), posted the same question in two threads, PM'd two admins and at least one moderator with the same question.

You are NOT going the right way about getting the help you need here. Folks will soon get fed up with this (like VERY SOON) and stop helping you.

Just ask what you want ONCE and in ONE appropriate section of the forum, and you will get all the help you need.

STICK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I wish he'd make up his mind where he lives as well. :)

avernus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
India
Sorry u guys, some friend gave me the first ID, my mistake. wasn't sure how long it'll take for a reply..thats y i pm'd. anyway, thanks for all the help,seriously. am planning on getting hold of a tuner card tomm.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well you haven't done too bad, you've broken one rule by using a blanket registration from bugmenot site ("some friend gave me" :-lmao), then spammed the mods and admin with PMs, you obviously haven't read the rules of the forum.

Not very impressed.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was difficult to register here.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
...and I've just realised that your box is a C A B L E receiver!!!!

This is a S A T E L L I T E site!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.