Connecting a New Raven Quab LNB to original Sky dish and Grundig Skybox

Red Fan X5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic Grundig Sky box with Raven LNB
My Location
Ireland
I recently brought a Raven Quad LNB on E-Bay with no instructions. I want to use this with an extra Sky box and FTA card I have. I tried to replace the original single LNB with the Raven one. The Sky box said "No Signal Received" with the Raven LNB connected and with 2 cables attached. However, the Grundig single LNB works prefectly after trying the Raven LNB. I have the proper cable and F-connectors attached. I checked the setting with the secret menu on the Sky box and reset to default settings. Everything checks out.

Has anyone any experience installing these Raven LNB and can anyone assist me with the above ?

P.S. What do the numbers 1 to 5 (dial ?) on the front side of the LNB do exactly ?

Any help would be appreciated !

image links removed, we have a wealth of smilies available, no need to link to external ones. Admin

tapfit2004

lula member
Reaction score
Website
livesportsontv.eu
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400
fortecstar
sl65
quali tv ir
4 digiboxes
dragon cam
funcard7
sm3d12 motor
wavefrontier t90
90cm dish
1m dish
My Location
dublin, ireland
you could have a couple of problems.

the quad lnb is heavier than your original lnb and it could be bending the arm of your dish slightly which could affect your reception. you could try to adjust the arm or re align your dish vertically but dont move it very much as you are already getting a signal with the other lnb.

was the lnb brand new? i have got dogey stuff off ebay before and it should have come in a proper box and packing if it was new.

the numbers on the bottom of the lnb are for the scew of the lnb, used to align directly with the satellite (astra 2) which is scewed slightly due to the curvature of the earth. normally set at around 3 on sky system.

Markdfraggled

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Scotland
I had a very similar experience. I noted that the original grundig lnd sat lower in position to the mounting arm than the Raven Lnb. When you measure the two there can be quite a difference. My solution was to mount the Raven lnb below the arm, problem sorted. What I did, with the aid of the wife, was slowly alter the left and right position until the best signal quality and strength was found.

Hope this works !!!!

edinstu

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky hd, quad lnb and zone 2 dish
My Location
scotland
what it probably is .... if you bought a brand new lnb it only fits the NEW dishes ==== new dishes are slightly different from tho old ones as the arms are longer and only the new lnbs fit these unless you get a special adaptor.
so basically your lnb is not in position of the "focal point" and you probably need a different adaptor.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He probably has it sorted, this thread is four years old. ;)