Connecting a Sky Digibox to an analog dish

xbond

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am moving to a new house that used to be connected to Sky analog services 3 or 4 years ago. The dish and LNB are still there and wired into the house. The dish looks slightly bigger than the current digital Sky minidish.

Could I take my Digibox and simply plug it into the old dish? Will it work?

Alternatively could I just change the LNB or do I need to change the dish and the LNB?

Thnx.

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The dish is probably pointing at 19.2 degrees for the old sky analogue,Sky Digital is at 28. ask !,the lnb may or may not be a universal,and the sun would have burnt the label off anyway.It usually is cheaper to buy a Sky Digital dish and lnb from your local boot sale for a fiver than to buy a new lnb, if needed.If you connect the reciever up to the original dish,at 19.2,go to add chanels on the digibox,put in a frequency for a free to air digital chanel,find this from What Satellite or Lyngemark.com,and if you get the chanel then the lnb is ok,and all you will need to do is move the dish.For this you will need,as follows,A ladder,A first Aid Kit,WD40,The number of the nearest hospital,Three good friends,24 cans of XXXX,and a week off work...Best of luck..Brian

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Deja vu

And I cant link the two threads.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Just delete the duplicate one CH.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
And as the wormhole closed behind him, Channel Hopper suddenly felt at ease with the Universe, his mission a success !

And just like in the Alien films, something came out of the darkness to bite him, CH remembered his own post had been in the deleted thread - AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Something like that anyway

I think it went like

If you want Sky services then the dish has to be moved about 10 degrees to the East to get the correct satellite, this may be possible if the wall and other objects are not in the way

The LNB has to be a Universal type so once moved you will be able to determine if it needs replacing or not.

MartinP

Reaction score
Website
www.satcure.co.uk
Originally posted by Channel Hopper

If you want Sky services then the dish has to be moved about 10 degrees to the East to get the correct satellite, this may be possible if the wall and other objects are not in the way

And down a bit.

(Me a "Junior Member"!!! - I'm 51 :p )

Martin

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you keep up this post rate Martin, you'll be Admin before the end of the week. ;)