connecting Freesat

JeanDorna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just purchased a Humax Freesat box and want to connect to the ones I have which are A40" Samsung tv, a Panasonic DVD/Video recorder, A philips dvd surround sound player and n 80gb hard drive recorder, help please.
My Location
England
Hi Folks, new here and need a bit of help. I have just bought a Humax Freesat box and want to add it to the ones I have connected to my Samsung 40" tv. I have a Panasonic dvd/video recorder, a Philips surround sound dvd player and a Tevion 80gb hard drive recorder now I want to connect the Humax, have tried to put it where the sky box was but the picture is not good and on hd it is terrible with a black line right across the screen and ghostly lines first top to bottom then side to side, so something must be wrong, Can anyone please advise how to start over and reconnect everything. Many thanks

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to satellites forum,

I trust you installed the HDMI cable from the Humax to the TV.... for Hd

Connect up the HDMI lead, plug scart in TV out/vcr out of Humax to Panasonic dvd/video recorder.

Insert a opitical Digital audio output to Philips surround sound dvd player and a Tevion 80gb hard drive recorder along with a scart from VCR out if not used.

Also make sure your not on letterbox mode and you select 16:9 if widescreen

Just an idea of basic connection of the above equip...

JeanDorna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
just purchased a Humax Freesat box and want to connect to the ones I have which are A40" Samsung tv, a Panasonic DVD/Video recorder, A philips dvd surround sound player and n 80gb hard drive recorder, help please.
My Location
England
Many thanks but need help again have done away with the dvd surround sound player and it has thrown everything out. I just now have the dvd/vcr recorder the Humax box and the hard drive recorder and would like to know how to connect them all thanks in advance for any help