Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You must do a "Manual Tune" on 28E before non-Freesat mode becomes available to you.

Have a look at this .............

_http://foxsat.wikispaces.com/

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
Thanks very much!!! I will take a look at the website. Cheers, Rob

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The thing is, it's really a reconfigured and adapted DiSEqC/USALS capable Receiver that has been slightly crippled in order to make it "Plug and Play" for Freesat, so the Destruction Manual majors on that.

It is assumed, I think, that anyone wishing to use it "to the max" will use their wit and wherewithal to find out how!

When you do get in, you'll need to carry out a Network Search (It doesn't have Blind Search) and/or to manually add missing Transponders.

The initial faffing around is well worth it. Lots of HD on 19.2E right now.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ukrob said:
Hi,
Totally confused now. The Dutch decoder does have an LNB out and I wondered if it would be better to output from here to the Diseqc switch port 2. If that's the case I have to go and get another cable tomorrow. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Rob

Doing that won't help you at all, the Humax still won't switch to it without some fiddling about in it's menus.

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
Hi,

I've set everything up for Astra 19.2E, but it only appears that I'm mainly picking up the English spoken TV/Radio channels that are on this satellite. When I try to do a manual tune with the frequency data I have it doesn't find my Dutch channels or the FTA German channels that I normally receive. Maybe I'm doing something stupid!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Give an example of an English spoken channel and its frequency.

I think that you are not switching the diseqc switch, so it is still on 28E.

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
You're probably right, although I did select the setting for Astra 19.2E.
Create and craft 12129mhz

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes it is 28E still. see lyngsat, screen shot below.

You have to tell the receiver somehow to select port 2 of the diseqc switch when you pick 19E.

Attachments

• 28E_yes.jpg
    28E_yes.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 76

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
Thanks Robbo. I see what you mean, but I'm still trying to figure out how!

Robbo said:

You have to tell the receiver somehow to select port 2 of the diseqc switch when you pick 19E.

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
Success at last! Finally worked it out. Thanks for all your patience and help folks!

Robbo said:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's all in the link I gave earlier, but it is confusing, so here are line by line destructions:

Go to Manual Tune and enter the colour code to get into the hidden menus, Select Antenna setting (not Manual Tune!), then you'll get a choice of Antenna Type and Satellite Setting. Just check Antenna Type = Fixed then drop down to Satellite Setting. Select Astra 1 and scroll down to the DiSEqC line. Select DiSEqC B, drop to the bottom and save.

Press Back until you get back a level or two to Manual Tune (It's easy to go back a step too far, so you might have to enter the colour keys again ...........)

This time go into Manual Tune and do your thing.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I was busy compiling instructions as you Posted!

Very well done - it gets easier and of course it's much better if you work it out for yourself.

Hopefully my last Post will help somebody else getting stuck with it.

ukrob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TF5000C1, Humax Foxsat
My Location
Essex, UK
Thanks anyway. I did get a bit confused by the website, but your instructions will certainly help anyone else trying to do the same thing.

The only shame is that I can only record the Dutch programme that is currently on screen (as a direct record), because no advance programming is available.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well the amount of EPG Data depends upon the particular Broadcaster.

The Freesat/Sky etc EPGs are sent as a separate data stream from a dedicated Transponder, whereas basic DVB-S EPG Data is tagged onto groups of related Channels and often they only send Now and Next or nothing at all. Some German Channels send quite a bit more.

But the DVB-S protocols allow for at least 7 days worth, if not 14 (Someone will know exactly) - that's not of value if Broadcasters choose not to populate it!

jimh3034

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax - Foxsat HDR 28.2 + 19.2e (Canal plus France)
My Location
France
Hi,

Thanks for these instructions, I just have a few questions before I go ahead and order a DiSEqC switch .

At the moment I am using the Humax connected with 2 feeds from Lnb to receive FTA channels 28.2e.

I also have a seperate dish for Canal plus France pointed at 19.2e (well it will be once I've realigned it due to storm damage!). Canal plus charge me 6 euros a month to rent their "cube" receiver.

Would I be able to put the Canal plus card (branded Nagravision - same size as creditcard) in the Humax and receive their channels therefore saving 6/month and reducing number of boxes under t.v?! Also, would I need to order a
DiSEqC switch with 4 inputs so I can put the 2 lnb feeds from my astra dish and the feed from the 19.2 aligned dish or do I leave one feed from 28.2 as it is now going straight into the lnb2 input on Humax?

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help

Jim

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The Humax HDR wont work with the Nagravision card, so your existing system can stay as it is, and the canal box will be separate.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Robbo said:
The Humax HDR wont work with the Nagravision card, so your existing system can stay as it is, and the canal box will be separate.
Are you saying that the HDR is not compatible with a Nagravision CAM or that it needs a Nagravision CAM as there isn't one built-in?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, sorry, would need a cam if it were to work.

jimh3034

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Thanks for the info guys

jimh3034

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
France
Hi again,

Would I be able to use this

eBay Item # 190620366987

to put into my Humax,
I would like to send one of you mods a private message but don't seem to have the option when I right click one of your names?

regards,

Jim

[warning]Live external links are not permitted. I've disabled it and given the Item number instead[/warning]