Connecting motor To Back Of Dish

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
Hi i currently use a 39cm dish and i know it wont pick all that much up but on the back im unsure how to connect the motor to it.

I read the instructions i got with my 1.2 motor but i only have the brackets to connect the motor to the pole, not the motor to the dish. I persume i get some sort of thing to stick on the back of the dish and not drill holes through the dish because then the signal will be ruined, is this right?

Plus if i do just stick something to the back of the dish for a mount to be added onto what is this called? thanks, sorry if this is a nooby question but ive not set a motor up before and fancy ago at it myself.

Robxxx7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Shuttle PC 2.8ghz
Sky Star 2
80cm Dish and Moteck SG2100
My Location
Co.Kerry Long 9.90 W Lat 52.11 N
Sharkadder said:
Hi i currently use a 39cm dish and i know it wont pick all that much up but on the back im unsure how to connect the motor to it.

I read the instructions i got with my 1.2 motor but i only have the brackets to connect the motor to the pole, not the motor to the dish. I persume i get some sort of thing to stick on the back of the dish and not drill holes through the dish because then the signal will be ruined, is this right?

Plus if i do just stick something to the back of the dish for a mount to be added onto what is this called? thanks, sorry if this is a nooby question but ive not set a motor up before and fancy ago at it myself.

Firstly, as you said you will not pick up alot with a 39cm dish... but you will pick somethings up ...

anyway, this guide here is very useful in setting everything up ..well worth a read http://www.satellite-newbie.co.uk/sat1/diseqcinstall.html

Also, the dish should have a bracket on the back that will enable it to secure around a pole ... Is this bracket missing ??

The picture in the guide should show how the dish connects to the motor .. any questions, feel free to post

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
A picture is worth a thousand words; can you upload a few photos?

Here's mine; what's missing from yours? Picture #2:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/201393-post35.html

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
ok heres the picture of the back of my satellite dish

picture1.jpg

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Sharkadder said:
ok heres the picture of the back of my satellite dish

picture1.jpg

Looks like a Porty-kit dish to me, I wouldn't bother motorising one of those!!! That's designed for portability rather than being strapped to a motor... :)