Connecting to a smart TV

peglegpete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TMat 1500 1.2 channle dish Diablo cam trex cam. Medion computer
My Location
Rainham Essex
Hi All

I have an old TM1500 receiver, is it possible to connect this to a smart TV? I ask as the receiver does not have an HDMI connector, so I want to know if it will connect. If I can connect it how would I do this and what would I need?

Thanks in advance
Peglegpete

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
All modern TVs I have installed to date ( *) have had an older style connection to them on top of the HDMI/USB/ethernet ports, though you may find trouble locating a suitable adapter cable from RCA/SCART to mini jack.

(*) the Samsung TV I was fitting earlier , a QE75 OLED thing did not have much on the back, surprisingly it was missing an optical cable for bolting to an expensive looking soundbar, though I hope I can connect with an ethernet cable since there is no HDMI connection at the other end, just two RJ45s, optical and mains.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
though you may find trouble locating a suitable adapter cable from RCA/SCART to mini jack.

Sometimes the RCA colours don't match up but it's not a problem. If the TV has an analogue tuner I believe the Technomate also has an RF modulator.