connection diagram

steve1983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sony dx 8000
My Location
cambridgeshire
hi can anyone help me with a connection diagram so that i can use my vcr, dvd and freeview box???

cheers for any help
steve p

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi steve,
it depends a bit on what scarts you have to your tv, i am by no means clever at this game, but i have freeview, humax, sky, dvdhdd, video, all ending up at my tv.
everything is coaxed, except for the dvd, it goes in but does not come out. but goes through, and i have scarts on my two recorders and sky going into the tv.also scarts to each of the recorders, and then the video is connected via a phono and audio lead to the dvdhdd.

i can see everything on the tv, mostly via the scart, the video can record from the dvdhdd, and everything else, the dvdhdd records everything except the video.

i made it more to my way of thinking so that its really like drawing a water pipe diagram, you work it out which to start from and where you want it to flow, i doubt mine would suit you, as i think its all dependant on your requirements, though i would say put the freeview at the beginning of the chain in the coax

regards
phil

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I used a SCART switch box and used SCART throughout. Better signal quality than coax, they say, but with my old eyes I can't see any! My TV has only one SCART socket. With two you don't need the switch box.

The following assumes that your DVD is not a recorder, and that your VCR has two scarts, in and out.

Switch box has two inputs A and B and you can switch manually between them. It has one output C.

Connect C to VCR, and VCR to TV.
Connect satellite receiver to A.
Connect DVD player to B.

I've never found a satisfactory way of using the VCR connection on my sat receiver. Has anyone else?

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi artist,
just a comment on my use of the coax, its just that i am a belt and bracers man, i do use the scarts where i can, but the coax is a be all connection between them all, (mind you the ruddy dvddhdd does have to be a deadend doesn't it, every unit i have has a modulator except that, so its only a loop through). as you say it can be not that good, but at least you can check everything, and you have two methods of getting a picture.

in my setup, i have the
sky tv scart to tv,
sky vcr scart to dvd,
humax vcr scart to video

and i have three scarts on my tv
which are
dvdhdd tv scart to tv
video tv scart to tv
sky tv scart to tv

regards
phil

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
Phil, having THREE scarts on your TV is cheating! (I'm jealous) :D

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kent
hi artist 2004,
haha, its a nice sony, about three years old, and oh boy it save some heartache on the connections :D
phil