Connection Not working

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
ok dudes im in, i created another LAN today and as ip i put 192.168.1.5 and it says sucessfully connected via port 80, i then changed the lan ip address to 192.168.1.4 which again is not in use and the ftp test told me its connected, i went to ip address via browser and logged in so now the ftp works but as the other guy said the wirelss internet connection goes off while you are doing it which i can live with until i find a solution to that.

I'll have a look at this linksys thing again although my router isnt linksys so it might not work, im happy with what i have now but ill see like to be able to press the blue button to update everything automatically instead of transfering stuff manually but for that i think its going to have to be plugged into the router or a hub and just change it over to my laptop for ftp when needed.

Ok now that ive got this far i need to upload one of them cams onto it, i think i have the gemini 3.30 image but i hear the later version of gemini you have the more cams you can have on it at once.
a pointer of what what cam is best to use and what folder to put them into is apprechiated, i could change the gemini image but it means i loose all my motor settings i think.

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
as discussed the problem with using the laptop is you can only have 1 conenction (either LAN or Wireless) open at one time. This means you cant use the blue button to update the dreambox (instead you have to download the files to the laptop, then connect the dreambox, then ftp them over).

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
yeah until i get one of these wireless hubs or something. anybody recommend a good cam to download and what folder to put it into?

i heard diablo and matrix are good but im not sure which is best for what thing.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
Sharkadder said:
yeah until i get one of these wireless hubs or something. anybody recommend a good cam to download and what folder to put it into?

i heard diablo and matrix are good but im not sure which is best for what thing.

Both diablo and matrix are good CAMs, however, they are "hardware" CAM that slot inside your receiver. Provided you have a DM500s, as mentioned in your profile, then, you will not be able to use them, because the DM500 is not equipped with a CI slot, but only with 1x SmartCard Reader.

"Software" CAMs, also known as EMUs, can be downloaded and automatically installed through the image you are using. If you are using Gemini, then you need to press the blue button, then download Addons, and continue to download the chosen CAMs. After download, the EMU will automatically be installed in the correct folders.
A current good EMU is MgCamd v1.24. There is a thread open about v1.23. However, the information are the same. Click here http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/97339-t-s-prem-ere-mgcamd-v1-23-a.html

Hope it helps.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
so i need to download these addons while conected to the internet then obviously, so what ill do is take the tv and dreambox to my router, install all the addons and then put that mgcamd on. After this i can bring the lot upstairs and just use my laptop to drag keys onto it.

thanks once again

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
You can download the .tar.bz files for the emu (that you want to install) onto your PC.

When your laptop is connected to the Dreambox, put the tar file into /tmp and do a manual install from the blue button (if you use Gemini)

blue button > addons > manual install

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sumat weird has happened now, i had gemini before and now it says 0.83 pli, i remember the gemini being on before and now its not, maybe i changed some setting to select something else instead. Ive copied the tar.bz2 file for mgcamd onto my dreambox into the tmp folder on the dreambox in the meantime, its weird because earlier it said somewhere about manual upload, ill keep looking and if i find how to upload this new .tar.bz2 file ill edit this

EDIT

i went to manual software update and it doesnt show in the menu and the .tat.bz2 file is in the tmp folder, again im not sure what happened to gemini

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
U like snaps ? :)

Now, U been doing so many things at the same time so I think it is better to start from zero

Install Gemini(using FTP) and start all over again

Read the guide, do it by the book

Have a beer and comeback to us:)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
if i do that i loose all my motor settings dont i?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Yes but if you backup your channel listing (DBedit) finding, storing and scanning sats doesn't take very long.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yeah but i already have gemini on there because it was on when i first got the box, i dont know what this pli thing is or how i change it back, ill just have to have a play about until i sort it.

if all else fails ill have to upload it again as you say

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ok ive managed to get gemini on and installed the MGcamD and ive put some k*y* on, i think it was erm satans k*ys.

anyways if anybody has used this before let me know, i went to install it and it wouldnt work so i edited 2 satan files to 755 as people suggest and then on the screen on TV it bought the extraction thing up, after that i got a message saying it couldnt remove certain folders, is this correct?

it came up executing the updater.sh to the required folder and then it said downloading, next it said hostname lookup failure.
Next it said installing k*ys and then it said this:
tar: short read
cd 21: cant read cd to /directory name goes here
mv: cannot remove /directory name goes here: is a directory
cd: 23: cant read cd to /directory name goes here
mv cannot remove /directory name goes here
removing tempory folders
k** update finished

p.s where /directory name goes here, is the name of the folder its trying to write too

is this normal behavious or have i screwed up somewhere?

after ive done this i think ive got it lol

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
I was going to give you some things to try in a Telnet session, but before I do I want to make sure you're comfortable working with Telnet.

I suspect your directory structure has somehow got messed up, and that some names that should be directories are actually files. (*) The satan updater script checks for the existence of /var/keys and /var/scce, but if they are actually files rather than directories it can do nothing. If they don't exist, it creates them; if they do exist it assumes they are directories. If they are files, things go wrong.

(*) For Linux purists I know that a directory is simply a special type of file, but you know what I mean!

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
EDIT

mission complete the files re now working on my box, i noticed its alot of the channels on astra 19.2 and none of 28.8 but thanks everybody for the help, im loving this ;)

ive already thanked a few people for helping me :)

very greatful

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
Glad you've got everything working (and probably learned a few things along the way!)

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
i learned mor than a few, it was abit tough at first but im glad i got there, now i can help my friend out when he gets a DB, i never give up on challenges lol if theres a will theres a way.

thanks for the help dude

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Glad to hear you got there in the end :)