Controlling a DM7025+ and a DM800HD in same location

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
This thread exists and was created a long time ago.
_http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/dreambox-general/116130-programming-remote-jp1-2-a.html
However, it was aimed at JP1 programming and quite complex, requiring some hardware to be made up.
Here is a simple way to do this, however, I have not managed to control both dreamboxes from the same remote, you will need 2 remotes. The mod as in the quoted thread controls both from the same remote. In actual fact I just use the second remote setting to program my Harmony remote, as I dont use the Dreambox remotes at all.

To program the remote (from the thread above): Be VERY accurate what you type and dont pause too long between keys as the remote will go out of programming mode. THIS ONLY WORKS WITH THE BIG REMOTE (DM7025(+), DM600, DM800 etc).
1. Press Dream button once.
2. Press and hold "Shift" button until Dream flashes twice (about 3 secs).
3. Enter 982 to unlock the remote - Dream flashes 4 times=remote unlocked, If it flashes twice, you just locked the remote, repeat 1 to 3 until it flashes 4 times.
4. Press "Dream" once and then press and hold "Shift" until "Dream" flashes twice.
5. Enter 003x where x is 1,2,3 or 4. The "Dream" button should flash twice to show it accepted the code. Remember which option you selected. Number 0031 is the original setting, so you should pick from 0032, 0033 or 0034.
6. The remote has now been set up. You can lock it again by repeating steps 1-3 and getting the "Dream" button to flash twise.

On a PC:
1. telnet to first dreambox: telnet <your first dreambox IP> and log in.
NOTE hereafter eveything is case sensitive, so beware, dont type capitals by accident.
2. enter "vi /etc/rcS.d/S99SetRemote.sh" - this will give you a screen with a lot of dashes down the left side. It is an empty (non-existent) file.
3. Press the character i (lowercase) - you are now in insert mode
4. Type "echo 1 > /proc/stb/ir/rc/mask0" without the quotes.
5. Press Esc. This will exit insert mode.
Note: if you mistype, then press Esc and use the left.right arrows to position and then the x key to delete chars, then press i, to go into insert mode again, and continue typing.
6. Press ":wq" without the quotes to write the file and quit vi.
7. chmod 777 /etc/rcS.d/S99SetRemote.sh - to make it executable.

Repeat the process on the second dreambox but change the "echo 1 >..." to "<echo 2 > ...".

The first dreambox will now respond to the remote that has not been reprogrammed. The second dreambox will respond to the reprogrammed remote.

Unfortunately my remote will not accept 003x as a device id to program onto the TV button, so I still have to use 2 remotes.

The reason for creating the S99SetRemote.sh is to keep the setting after a reboot. The critical part of this filename is the S99 bit as it determines when this script will be run, and it has to run late in the boot process otherwise its change will be overwritten.

If you want to remove this feature off the dreambox, just remove the file S99SetRemote.sh and reprogram the remote to 0031. This is not quite the same as the remote was originally but it will work like standard and with any unchanged dreambox.

NOTE. The same process should work for an Enigma 1 image but the "mask0" file is called "mask".

If anybody manages to program their TV button to 0032 (or similar) please post here.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
I can add a little to this mate.

The remote map for the DM7025 is indeed mask0.
However the remote map for the DM8000 is mask1.

The remote for the DM7025 / DM800 has 4 programmable channels. ( 2 Spare )
The remote for the DM8000 has 2 programmable channels. ( NO SPARES ! )

Lastly, editing the file to switch the box to a different remote layer is a great piece of information, however it is easily achievable via a plugin. I've attached the plugin. FTP it to /tmp and do a manual install from your addons panel. Reboot and select it.

Now, as I've mentioned, this plugin works exactly as the telnet commands do and therefore if you apply it to your DM8000 it will have no effect if you use your DM8000 remote, but if you use your DM7025/DM800 remote it will work great.

A little confusing maybe, but its simply down to the map file.
DM7025 = mask0
DM8000 = mask1

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Contacted Dream about not being able to program the TV button as deviceid 0032 and they came back with:
"We dont manufacture the remote, we buy it from UEI. All dreamboxes acts on 1 RCU - you dont have to program the devices specially". So he did not understand the problem. I rephrased it and still waiting for a reply.