Converting radio programmes to MP3

Paul from Ulm

Reaction score
Has anyone any experience of converting recorded radio programmes into mp3 files? I've already demuxed the .ts file into a .mpa file but seem to be stuck at this point. Windows media player plays the .mpa file but it distorts (badly). I've got .wav to .mp3 converters but I've found nothing that will convert .mpa to either .wav or .mp3.

bob49

Reaction score
Paul from Ulm said:
Has anyone any experience of converting recorded radio programmes into mp3 files? I've already demuxed the .ts file into a .mpa file but seem to be stuck at this point. Windows media player plays the .mpa file but it distorts (badly). I've got .wav to .mp3 converters but I've found nothing that will convert .mpa to either .wav or .mp3.

I use BeSweet for conversion of Tivo's .ty audio files - they are probably similar. After demuxiing there is a .mpa file with the compressed audio. For BeSweet to recognise it the .mpa needs to be changed to .mp2 and there is then an MP2 to WAV conversion. I use a wav-file editor to cut out the unwanted bits and then Lame (also in BeSweet) to do a wav to mp3 conversion.

Hope this helps,

Bob