Cool running!

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
My new Pace PVR3 doesn't have a cooling fan like the older PVR's and everyone knows that heat is a killer on PC's/HD's..... so have a couple of ideas:
Laptop cooler, usb powered (may run off usb on pvr!!!), available in silver (or black) off 'the' most popular auction site for owt between 10-20 quid, just stand PVR on top (or vice versa)... ideal if your sky+ is in a cabinet or if you have box on top of box.
Or
budget jobbie..... twin fan harddrive cooler (about 2 quid), powered from a 12v supply (about 2 quid) with a resister to drop the speed (quieter), just bluetak it on top of the sky+ (easy removal).......
should make a welcome diff'.
Last year in the summer my PC shutdown due to heat...... and that's got more fans than manchester united..... at least 3!!! :p

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Indeed it would help. Check the Dreambox section for a thread on the same mod. With photos! :D

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
BGonaSTICK said:
Indeed it would help. Check the Dreambox section for a thread on the same mod. With photos! :D

Yup that's the idea..... but without opening yer box up, just tried an old cpu fan with one of those cheapo 300ma psu's, multi volts 3,4.5,6,7.5,9,12... at 6v output it was silent, plus the cheapo PSU lets you up the volt if it get really hot (last summer) :-beer