Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
DMR-HS2
42" Plasma
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi everyone,
I would like to connect my Sky+ to my HDD DVD recorder to archive some recordings.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't connect using the "TV" output (rather than the "VCR" output, so that I can RGB enable everything through? The Engineer(sic) that installed my Sky+ said that nothing should be between the Sky+ TV output and the screen.

Presumably I would still be able to watch Sky as usual (in RG:cool: so long as I keep the DVDR on the appropriate AV channel?

Many thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum mikescollan

Well my understanding is that FTV and Premium channels will be encrypted on the hard drive therefore even if you copy them off you will not be able to view them, you can only view them on your SKY+ box which decrypts them as you watch

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
true,i have tried on all combinations and different dvd recorders and get a message that recording not possible

mikescollan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
DMR-HS2
42" Plasma
My Location
Yorkshire
zorba said:
true,i have tried on all combinations and different dvd recorders and get a message that recording not possible

So what exactly is the point of the "copy" function?

Or does that only work for FTV channels.

Why not just (instead of using "Copy") press play on Sky+ and record on HDD DVD recorder. Sky+ seems to output on both "TV" scart & "VCR" scart, so connect either to input of DVDHDD recorder and just record as if a standard broadcast?