Correct Alignment

jgs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate, motorised 90cm dish
My Location
Essex
Hello All i live in romford essex and have a motorised dish with a Technomate reciever and 90cm dish. I can pick up a lot of the main sats such as Hotbird hispasat and Astra's. But have i set my dish correctly?I set the dish to it's reference point via the technomate menu and point the dish using a meter to Thor is this the corect Satellite for me to point at?Any advice appreciated.RegardsJohn

J

Jeff_19341

HI
Yes Thor is your nearest south satellite. Are you useing USALS to steer the dish? As you are roughly 1 degree to the east of Thor your motor shoud have been set slightly off of zero to get the best arc.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Thor is near your zero degrees - if that is set correctly and all the other set-up essentials are OK then you will be OK to receive the satellite East and West of Thor.

- Your mount has to be 'completely' vertical
- The dish and motor angles have to be set.

The fact that you can get the East satellite doesn't confirm all is OK unfortunately.

Can you get any West satellite and how far East can you receive a signal?