Coship 5300 patch ???

Nagraeblanco

Reaction score
There's a patch for the coship 2300 that I tried but didn't work out on my 5300.
Is there a patch for the 5300 or may we get a patch for another receiver and use it ?

GeorgiePie

Reaction score
What is the patch? I've got a 2300 and your patch would be good form mine. PM me please.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is the thread entitled "Warning!!! Coship 2300 patch" It doesn't have direct links, but there should be enough information there to find it.

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
Use at your own Risk

There is a company called Atrovox biz. They have a VSR-2500, the file inside says 2300b. I have heard a lot of people say they cannot change the keys. There is also a download for the VSR-3000, inside the VSR-3000 2 ci file there is a 5300B bin file. It is a pal file but can be changed NTSC via the menu (this has to be done while the screen is scrolling in the PAL video. Just remember where the tools menu across the top of the screen is located and also remember the NTSC/PAL settings are in the system settings the first to change and stop screen rolling is 5 down from the top and the next change is down 2 more(7).Keys for providers in NA need to be upgraded.

The coship 5300b works for about two hours then goes to black screen, and has to be reloaded with standard 5300b bin. Typeing 7799 at the program menu or 7799 at the ci interface will give you a key edit under the ci interface menu.

There is also a file called auto update for the 2500 and 4000 for preloaded receivers. This file is dated 2-25-2004, the other files were created in 2003.
The autoupdate file for the 2500 and 4000 have a patch file and an updater for the Astrovox. I Think once these other files are loaded into your receiver you need to patch with the autoupdate patch. I could not get it to work I got a write failure on a 5300B, I do not know about the 2300.

The 5300b file is dated 2-24-2004. If you do a hexedit on the patch file it also says inside VSR-3000. So I think maybe the 5300B need to be patched.
But Like I said useing the autovox tool on the 5300b I get write error.
If the 5300b gives you a blank screen, if you turn the power on the back off and on it will give you a err.0, but you can still load a standard coship bin.

ersd

Reaction score
patch file
Hi, gjones try uptool_new and click on Write Data to STB for the bin file from astrovox.

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
ersd said:
patch file
Hi, gjones try uptool_new and click on Write Data to STB for the bin file from astrovox.

I have no problem getting the 5300b file to the stb, it it the patch that I am trying to load. I tried to do this with the astrovox upload tool, and the coship uptool. Coship upload tool says first line is too long and aborts.

ersd

Reaction score
gjones said:
I have no problem getting the 5300b file to the stb, it it the patch that I am trying to load. I tried to do this with the astrovox upload tool, and the coship uptool. Coship upload tool says first line is too long and aborts.

Try Astrovox VSR-2600 plus auto update 1.4.04; maybe you can see any "improvement",

I tried and ... no chance to access CAS, only in Receiver Info is something when you click 3 on remote.

My receiver is a Coship 2300B.

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
When you are in receiver info menu, the standard coship 5300B bin file also gives you a screen with a few X's when you press the 3 Key. Key 1 and 3 also move you through the X's. I know if you press certain keys the back ground screen will change colors.

I do not think the VSR-2600 will do any good. I will try.

Piercito

Reaction score
Hi there, I just got a receiver coship 5300 and been having a hard time finding the flash bin to get it runing, could anyone let me know where can i find it? i will really appreciate any help.

Piercito alexpiercer*hotmail.com