Cosmic 419er lost in space

N

net1

We have a truly delicious 419 solicitation to brighten your Friday. Just when you thought you'd heard it all, try the one about the Nigerian astronaut stuck on Soyuz:

Subject: Nigerian Astronaut Wants To Come Home
Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA)
Plot 555
Misau Street
PMB 437
Garki, Abuja, FCT NIGERIA

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message via my direct number 234 (0) 9-234-2220 only.

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Astronautics Project Manager
tip@nasrda.gov.ng

http://www.nasrda.gov.ng/

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, that's one of the best ones yet, rolling around here. :D

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
That ones fantastic!

Wonder how many gullible suckers fell for it…

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
At least a change from the boring : My late father was a minister of the bla bla bla dictator .....

drag0nfly_69uk

Reaction score
My Location
essex boy
here is another one for your collection, net1

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:04:25 +0100
To: abbas12aziz@rediffmail.com
Subject: For The Sake Of Humanity

My Dear,

Assalamu Alykum.

I Am Mr Abbas Aziz,I Am A Citizen Of Saudi Arabia, But I Am Resident In Dubai I Was Born An Orphan And Almighty Allah Blessed Me Abundantly. But I Am Not A Happy Man. I Have No Wife And I Have No Children Due to my involves to Islam. As At Now I Am Seriously Sick. I Just Came Out Of The Hospital Back To My Home .I Am Suffering From Lung Cancer And I Had Patial Stroke Which Has Affected My Speech. I Can No Longer Talk. And Half Of My Body Is paralyzed. The Doctors Say I Have About some Months To Live.

I Have Little Time So I Have Committed It To Spreading My Wealth

Towards Better Health Care for Mankind. In The Hospital Where I Am, I Have Given The Management Us$15million To Upgrade And Build A New Cancer Research Facility. I Have Also Made Some Cash Donations To Orphanage Children Homes In Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, And Some In South Africa. I Have Succeeded In Spreading My Liquid Cash Towards Well Deserved Means. My Soul Is Happy.

What I Am Doing Gives Me Joy. I Am Now Sharing My Properties And Valuables. I Don't Know You, But I Am Contacting You With The Hope That You Will Carryout My Wish For The Sake Of Humanity. As ALLAH directed me

I Have Us$6million In Gold Deposited With A Security Deposit Company. I Want You To Take Custody Of The Gold, Sell It And Use The Us$6million To Build And Operate An Orphanage In Your Country. You Will Name The Orphanage Abbas Orphanage Home. You Must Follow My Wish For It Will Gladden The Heart Of Almighty Allah. If You Are Ready To Do This And Carryout My Wish, Then Send Me Your Names, And Your Residential Address. May Almighty Allah Guide you.

Send Your Reply Along Only To The Email Address Below:
abbas12aziz@rediffmail.com
I Await Your Reply.

Alhj: Abbas Aziz

(source: theregister.co.uk , 23/4/04)

bless his soul, may allah be with him

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, they they just get better and better. :)