Could it be an Lnb problem? DVB Card related problem

D

d_lamer2003

My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
I first bought a skystar 1 card, and it was working, and moving my motorized dish perfectly, then 4 days afterwards, I as able to move the dish manually, but not from the card, I wrote to the shop from whom I bought the card (I bought it from the Internet), and they told me, that they were going to send me a replacment card. In the meantime I could not wait (I don`t have lots of patience :) ) so I bought a skystar 2,(btw the skystar 1 I could view channels, but not move the dish), I installed the card, installed the software, downloaded the diseq plugin for the skystar 2, but still if I tell the dish to go from Hotbird to Astra 1 or to Astra 2, (from the diseq plugin), it will not move an inch, but when I tell the dish (from the diseq plugin) to move left or right, it will move.
Now my replacement card for the skystar 1 arrived, but still to no avail, and the dish I am only able to move it left and right, (from the skystar1 that`s already a small step :) ), but not when I tell the dish to go from one sat to another! :(.
I am thinking now that the LNB could be damaged or something, can it be possible, Mind you I am still able to watch tv, could it be that a part of the lnb circuitry or something be damaged from whitin it?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The goto function does not work well in my experience, but as long as you have entered your coordinates, once you save a satellite position, the motor should operate properly.

D

d_lamer2003

My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
The cordinates are correct, that is they are/were setup to where I live always.
At first as I said before it worked, but afterwards, I tried everything but the dish would only move left or right from the plugin (skystar 2) or from whitin the software provided by the card (skystar 1). :( Which I am finding it odd, but does not go to any satellite I tell him too.

J

jeepers01

You could try deleting the registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MiBi\SS2DiSEqC using Regedit and then re-setup SS2DiSEqc again not forgetting to drop the sats in the window.
When you get a working setup save the registry key by exporting it, which you can then double click to reinstall it if it plays up in the future.
Works for me.

K

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Its a software problem not your card

K

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
BTW
Hey rolfw baby,what happened to my 390+ posts ? dont you love me no more? boo hoo

D

d_lamer2003

My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
I am doubting that its a software thing, because I forgot to mention in my last post that (after this happeeed that the dish stop moving), I put the sat card on another computer and installed the necessary drivers and same problem happened :( The Dish does not move :(.