Could it be an Lnb problem? DVB Card related problem

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
I first bought a skystar 1 card, and it was working, and moving my motorized dish perfectly, then 4 days afterwards, I as able to move the dish manually, but not from the card, I wrote to the shop from whom I bought the card (I bought it from the Internet), and they told me, that they were going to send me a replacment card. In the meantime I could not wait (I don`t have lots of patience :) ) so I bought a skystar 2,(btw the skystar 1 I could view channels, but not move the dish), I installed the card, installed the software, downloaded the diseq plugin for the skystar 2, but still if I tell the dish to go from Hotbird to Astra 1 or to Astra 2, (from the diseq plugin), it will not move an inch, but when I tell the dish (from the diseq plugin) to move left or right, it will move.
Now my replacement card for the skystar 1 arrived, but still to no avail, and the dish I am only able to move it left and right, (from the skystar1 that`s already a small step :) ), but not when I tell the dish to go from one sat to another! :(.
I am thinking now that the LNB could be damaged or something, can it be possible, Mind you I am still able to watch tv, could it be that a part of the lnb circuitry or something be damaged from whitin it?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The goto function does not work well in my experience, but as long as you have entered your coordinates, once you save a satellite position, the motor should operate properly.

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
The cordinates are correct, that is they are/were setup to where I live always.
At first as I said before it worked, but afterwards, I tried everything but the dish would only move left or right from the plugin (skystar 2) or from whitin the software provided by the card (skystar 1). :( Which I am finding it odd, but does not go to any satellite I tell him too.

jeepers01

Reaction score
You could try deleting the registry key at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MiBi\SS2DiSEqC using Regedit and then re-setup SS2DiSEqc again not forgetting to drop the sats in the window.
When you get a working setup save the registry key by exporting it, which you can then double click to reinstall it if it plays up in the future.
Works for me.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
BTW
Hey rolfw baby,what happened to my 390+ posts ? dont you love me no more? boo hoo

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
malta
I am doubting that its a software thing, because I forgot to mention in my last post that (after this happeeed that the dish stop moving), I put the sat card on another computer and installed the necessary drivers and same problem happened :( The Dish does not move :(.