Could someone please help me?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that along with most of us he's probably had problems logging on.

Rolf

PS Iknow that I've got one somewhere as well, but where is another question :)

H

harmio

Hi..I've had the flu all week so when I did manage to get on the PC the website wouldnt work!!!
Thanks for all your help, I have found smoeone who is sending me an ADX and I'll let you know what happens. I am thinking though, if I add 500 to the 12620 wont I end up with like 13120? Isnt that a bit high? well I suppose I'll have to wait and see. As far as anything else goes its been hell trying to find a dealer in Wales who knows anythin about things not sky..Its really sad that so many installers nowadays are just feeding off sky contracts and pratically anyone can do it really. I will keep looking and try and take my reciever to a shop to try it on their motorised dish..As far as compensation...I've lost the user guide and cant remember provisions number, Strong probably wont want to know, and the guy who sold it to us was really nice and he helped us alot I dont think he conned us, and I dont know who is going to compensate for a reciever that wont get one frequency...! Looks liek its a big save up for me in store..... Unless this thing works which doesnt look very likely. I suppose I could sell my reciever in freeads and buy a new one......i dunno.

H

harmio

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 01-Feb-02 AT 11:28 AM (GMT)]my mother didnt tell me that the ADX had come so as not to have to email CKcrys for a 3rd time I'll say it frmo here that I dont need you to send it thanks!!! I cant try it yet because my dish isnt even on 16degrees east it was knocked by a football flying into my back yard so I'll have to see if it stops raining later and then try it. Im a bit confused as to which way this switch inside should go so if anyone knows please tell :) If this doesnt work then its back to the drawing board. If I ever get this channel its a testament to the perservence of me and everyone who helped!!!!!!

H

harmio

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The shifter was set to down so I just tried altering the freqency to 12.120 and it worked fine and locks with 40% CN. I'd like to thank everyone for their help especially to you rolfw for suggesting this in the first place. This shows how useful these kind of forums really are.

Thanks so much to you all :)
Harmick

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Congratulations! Hope TV Armenia doesn`t close down after all your efforts.

Ckrys1

H

harmio

I think you just jinxed me there!!!!! When I tried it this morning I noticed there was nothing at all coming from that frequency, when I do a search with or without the shifter the frequency is blank with no lock or anything..... I wonder if maybe theyre changing frequency or something... I dont think they wouldve left but...URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. why does this always happen to me and cant armenian people stop faffing with their satellite broadcasts please!!!!!!

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
oops - sorry to jinx.
Working ok here (9pm GMT) on usual freq.

H

harmio

it came back after about half an hour. its actually quite a bad channel. It would be good if there were less films and more prgoramming, but you have to fish through hours of films to see a program