Countdown Protest

N

net1

MPs from all parties have demanded that Channel 4's word quiz Countdown be returned to its original time slot.

Jonathan Shaw, Labour MP for Chatham, tabled an Common's Early Day Motion criticising the channel's "serious error".

The long-running programme - first broadcast in 1982 - has been moved from 16:15 to 15:15.

He said: "It is a programme watched by possibly the broadest age group of any television programme.

"Young children and their grandparents watched it together - it is a national institution.

"I think this decision will exclude thousands of people - and if the number of calls I have been receiving is anything to go by, I think this motion reflects public opinion."

Viewing figures have virtually halved to 800,000 since the time change

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
The earlier i see Carol Vordeman the better, i say,but even better would be first thing in the morning with a nice cup of tea in her hand for me.......

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You think she would be beneficial with your multiplication DD ?

On the plus side she must rank as one of the more wealthy presenters these days, but Ms Vordermann should never have appeared in those consolidated loan ads on morning TV.

Ive got a video of Carol in the archives showing the best way of storing food in freezers (probably a Bejams or very early Iceland promotion) , and it looks like it was way before Countdown, do you want a copy ? ( Dicretely sent it in a plain brown envelope of course nudge nudge wink wink )