safesurfer65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Motorised 1m dish
My Location
Scotland
Hi all

I just got my new system installed, 1m motorised dish DISEqC 1.2 with a Humax HDCI-2000. I get Hotbird with 68% strength and 95% quality and Astra 1 with 70% strength and 95% quality. Problems are when I go to BBC HD on Astra 1 it appears briefly then the picture freezes. Also when I go to any other satellite I only get approx 40% strength and 0% quality. I installed the latest firmware and channel list from l@urals. The installer was quite puzzled about it, but had to rush off somewhere.

Any ideas on this one ?

Any info would be much appreciated !

Cheers

Mark

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi Mark,
Welcome to satellites.

Well, the problem appears to be that your installer was a cowboy and didn't set the system up properly.

Is the system set up to use DiSEqC1.2 or USALS?

It may possibly be that he has only stored a couple of sats for you with DiSEqC1.2 and you have to do the rest yourself, this would be relatiely easy to do in one of the menus.

It could also be that the adjustments on the dish/motor outside are completely wrong.

Try sending the dish to 1W, can you get a good signal there on 11325H?

By the way , BBC HD is on Astra2 at 28E not Astra1.:)

Robbo:)

safesurfer65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Motorised 1m dish
My Location
Scotland
Hi Robbo

You'll have to excuse my ignorance with satellite terminology, its all new to me.
He set it up using DiSEqC1.2. What I dont understand is getting Hotbird and Astra 1 so well and recalculating the position for the other satellites in the list, which there are about 20, including Astra 2, Atlantic Hotbird etc.
But still get little or no reception from the other satellites.
Your right about BBC HD being on Astra 2, thats why I dont get it properly.

Which satellite is at 1W ? I presume 11325H is the transponder ?
Im slightly concerned about the Humax reciever as it was a second hand purchase from Ebay.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Mark

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,
Have a look at this guide for setting up a motorised dish.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...6-setup-guide-moteck-diseqc-motor-others.html

I don't know what your longitude is, but the system should normally be setup at the top of the arc ( with the motor pointing around zero), for many of us in the UK, the satellite at 1W is at the top of the arc.

If the system was setup correctly, sending the dish to 1W, or whichever satellite is closest to your due south should give you a good signal, as the system shoud have been set up for it.

If you can't get a signal at the top of the arc, it is more than likely that your system is setup completely wrong, unless there is an obstruction between the dish and the satellite.

One setup up at the top of the arc, the normal procedure is to gradually work your way round the arc with the motor looking for a good signal and storing the positions as you go.

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...t-motorised-systems/117335-satellite-arc.html

Edit:-

Sorry yes, here is 1W
http://www.lyngsat.com/1west.html
It includes the Thor's at 0.8W and Intelsat at 1W.
11325H is a transponder on Thor.
Robbo:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think you probably need to do a bit of reading up on how the receiver works, as I don't think you fully understand about satellite finding.

When you go into the the motor options, it should have the options, USALS, DiseqC 1.2 and None, try setting it to USALS, this should then find the other satellites automatically.

As it is at the moment with DiseqC 1.2, you have to manually move the dish using the East west buttons in the motor menu and save each satellite as you find it, then do a channel search.

safesurfer65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDCI-2000
Motorised 1m dish
My Location
Scotland
Thanks all

Ok I've changed the motor setting to USALS and entered my long/lat that I got from Multimap. I went to Astra 2 28.2E sat and changed the transponder to 11221 (V) and got 56% strength and 76% quality and have now got BBC HD but now when I go to Hotbird 13.0 E I only get 56% strength and 0% quality and Astra 1 56% and 60% respectively. On Thor the best strength is about 50% with 0% quality.

Thanks for the patience.

Mark

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When you send it to Astra 28.2 East, go back into diseqC 1.2 and use the East west buttons to peak the signal, when you have the best, save the position, then go back into USALS and use the recalculate function, the other satellites should then fall into place.