My Satellite Setup
85 cm transparent dish
jaeger h to h motor
v box
dreambox 7025 300gig hdd
My Location
uk
hi,

lust joined this forum, thinking of getting a new system but would be helpful if i can get my head around a couple of things:confused

its just that where the ideal place to mount the sat dish is on my garage, but in front of it is the pitch roof of the garage, which slopes away at 45 degrees.....the question is..i want to get hotbird and i know the elevation for my area (northamptonshire) is about 28 degrees, but at what angle does the signal actually come down at?????? is it the same as the elevation angle of the dish??

also thinking of getting a see through type dish, are they any good and do they dis-colour??

cheers for your time

phil:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Phil, welcome to the forum. :)

The clear plastic dishes appear to retain their transparency, but of course they haven't been around for too long, mine has been up for a couple of years, is made by Vector Industries and still looks good.

The elevation is the angle between the dish and satellite, so if there is an obstruction, you need to be approx twice as far away from the apex as the difference in height between it and the bottom of the dish, possibly slightly less at 28 degrees.

Excuse the quality of the graphics. :)

spuey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85 cm transparent dish
jaeger h to h motor
v box
dreambox 7025 300gig hdd
My Location
uk
hi,

cheers for that its cleared up what i thought. looks like its going on the side of the house then,
just have to do some research now on the best system!

phil:)