Couple of questions

colmaustin

Reaction score
Hi I live in Ireland (near Dublin) I've being reading up on PCSat and have a couple of questions.

I am interested in soft cams, If I was to get a pci card and a dish and set it up (pointing to the astra 2d Sat) I can pick up the FTA stations as standard right? My question is what extra can I pick up with softcams? Will I be able to decode Sky one, E4 etc..? also what other channels could I pick up, are there many active satellites in Europe?

Very vague I know but any help would be great

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
colmaustin said:
Hi I live in Ireland (near Dublin) I've being reading up on PCSat and have a couple of questions.

I am interested in soft cams, If I was to get a pci card and a dish and set it up (pointing to the astra 2d Sat) I can pick up the FTA stations as standard right? My question is what extra can I pick up with softcams? Will I be able to decode Sky one, E4 etc..? also what other channels could I pick up, are there many active satellites in Europe?

Very vague I know but any help would be great

Yes you will get the free to air stuff, BBC, Euronews Sky News etc.

No you cant get any cams to decode the 28E pay stuff, its totally secure at the moment.

There are dozens of sats active in the Skies above Europe - I have something like 750 free channels .

farr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Windows XP Professional, Skystar 2, TM5200D+ Super, 1m motorised dish [62E-58W]
My Location
York, North Yorkshire
You certainly can use the Skystar 2 to view free to air channels from any satellite position inclduing all the FTA channels at 28.2 and 28.5E including the BBC stuff, Motors TV and so on. However you can NOT use the Skystar 2 to view free to view channels - channels that are free to view with a valid Sky card - these channels include ITV1 and 2 in the UK and Channels 4 and 5. The bad news is a softcam is useless to view anything at 28.2/5. N*S is a very secure system and no softcam has been developed for it. There is a lot of stuff viewable at 19.2E currently including M*V channels, VH*, and, for the time being anyway, the entire T*S and M**tivi*ion bouquet at 13E and D**ta*+ at 19.2E.