Crack Seca 2: the last indiscretions

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

net1

This translated from Website;

While Stream is getting ready to replace all the smart cards with Irdeto technology in order to counteract the pirates, From Thailand comes bad news for Seca 2 It would seem in fact that they are on sale through the net. The first smart card that would allow the illegal reception of ppv. Until today it seemed that it had found a way "to open" Seca 2, but still it has not been proved.,

According to other voices it would seem that a French and Spanish hacker have found a way to crack the original smart card make them usable after the expiration of the subscription, and to continue to decode the entire packages.

In the meantime in France 4 people have been arrested by the police in Marseilles inquiring into f the sale of smart card modified for the illegal reception of Seca 2 (to the variable price between 300 and 800 Euro). The accussed have about beyond 10.000 customers and a turnover of some million Euro.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Gotta say Net, sounds like one of my posts after too many lagers. :D

munkey

I luuurve Bananas
Reaction score
My Location
Whipsnade
I'm sure we are all awaiting more news with baited breath and crossed fingers (and crossed legs and crossed arms and crossed toes ...). :)

T

theReindeer

I am just working on a (Spanish + Italian) -> English translation of
the Mediterranian MOSC tools.

It is a well known fact that Seca2 is basically Seca1 with most
EMMs and ECMs superencrypted.

According to Italian and Spanish boards the superencryption of the (V7.0)
is a modified CBC (chain block cipher) which in it's turn is a modifed DES
symmetric encryption.

CBC is modified the following way:

A 16 bit checksum of each encrpypted 8 byte cipher block is built.
An offset is calculated: 16 bit-checksum of the cipher block mod 4000(hex).
An 8 byte mask is taken from the offset address of the Mask Table
(aka Chain Table).

In standard DES-CBC, the base DES encryption function is applied to the XOR of
each plaintext block with the previous ciphertext block to yield the
ciphertext for the current block.

In V7.0 modified DES-CBC the base DES encryption function is applied to the
XOR of each plaintext block with:

((the previous ciphertext) XOR (mask obtained from MT[offset]))

to yield the ciphertext for the current block.

The contents of the Italian and Spanish V7.0 mask tables are well known and
published all over the internet. (Homealone, Escritura Controlada)

Both mask tables have a size of 128 Kbytes but the Spanish MT
can be easily condensed to 16 KBytes due to its regular structure.

Reaction score
My Location
Central Mediterranean
Fraudists are advertising a Seca2 Clone Card on the net. It is being advertised for 140 or 150 euros. One of them has an account in Novabank in Branch Alexandras Avenue 110, Athens, Greece and the Bank Account is 0002675968. Do not try to buy because it is all fraud.

net1 said:

While Stream is getting ready to replace all the smart cards with Irdeto technology in order to counteract the pirates, From Thailand comes bad news for Seca 2 It would seem in fact that they are on sale through the net. The first smart card that would allow the illegal reception of ppv. Until today it seemed that it had found a way "to open" Seca 2, but still it has not been proved.,

According to other voices it would seem that a French and Spanish hacker have found a way to crack the original smart card make them usable after the expiration of the subscription, and to continue to decode the entire packages.

In the meantime in France 4 people have been arrested by the police in Marseilles inquiring into f the sale of smart card modified for the illegal reception of Seca 2 (to the variable price between 300 and 800 Euro). The accussed have about beyond 10.000 customers and a turnover of some million Euro.

Reaction score
My Location
Central Mediterranean
Could you please keep me abreast of developments in this field especially the advancements that are made in the finalisation of the seca2 card?

theReindeer said:
I am just working on a (Spanish + Italian) -> English translation of
the Mediterranian MOSC tools.

It is a well known fact that Seca2 is basically Seca1 with most
EMMs and ECMs superencrypted.

According to Italian and Spanish boards the superencryption of the (V7.0)
is a modified CBC (chain block cipher) which in it's turn is a modifed DES
symmetric encryption.

CBC is modified the following way:

A 16 bit checksum of each encrpypted 8 byte cipher block is built.
An offset is calculated: 16 bit-checksum of the cipher block mod 4000(hex).
An 8 byte mask is taken from the offset address of the Mask Table
(aka Chain Table).

In standard DES-CBC, the base DES encryption function is applied to the XOR of
each plaintext block with the previous ciphertext block to yield the
ciphertext for the current block.

In V7.0 modified DES-CBC the base DES encryption function is applied to the
XOR of each plaintext block with:

((the previous ciphertext) XOR (mask obtained from MT[offset]))

to yield the ciphertext for the current block.

The contents of the Italian and Spanish V7.0 mask tables are well known and
published all over the internet. (Homealone, Escritura Controlada)

Both mask tables have a size of 128 Kbytes but the Spanish MT
can be easily condensed to 16 KBytes due to its regular structure.

dont get it

Reaction score
I am quite new to this site but if you have anything relating to seca 2 you want translated to English form Italian I will happily oblige

T

theReindeer

@"dont get it",

A lot of stuff worth translating from Ita to Eng on:
  • digitalfreesat.net :: Forum :: Sec* Advanced :: sticky
  • tiranniadigitale.net :: NewYork Bar » :: Brooklyn-Developer Board TM::
    »Seka2 Advanced :: sticky

abulle

Reaction score
Hi all
Might be ill be off topic..
Am from the indian ocean and we are covered by eutelsat W2 16 EAST .
i have infinity phoenix programmer and some funcards:)
i would like to knowwhich soft i''ll need to edit my canalsatellite original card and alsowhich hex tfiles to copy to funcard

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Found this in a sat site: http://www.ss2-sat.com
also has some good software to try but cannot seem to get the SDX files which i think contain the channels, any help to these files appreciated.

Article is as follows:

"Digital+ 19,2E

Seca 2 encryption is breaking in pieces! Spanish digital package Digital+ is encrypted in Seca-MediaGuard (ID 0064), available from Astra 1 - 19,2E is available in pirate reception on Dreambox and dbox2 receivers, Pioneer terminals and on Titanium cards. We suspect, that Digital+ is to stop using Seca 2 encryption, because the tests of Nagravision`s Alladin (ID 1801) are driven on this channels, which broadcast only from Hispasat. At once, Sky Italia was hacked, now Digital+ from 19,2E (Seca ID 0064) is availabe on Mediasat terminals, Dreambox, dbox 2 receivers and Titanium card. This are very bad news for all packages encrypted in Seca 2. Most likely, Sky Italia will stop using Seca 2 allready in this summer, and it will be only available in NDS-VideoGuard. Digital+ will choose new Nagravision. Viasat changing to NDS-VideoGuard. What will Polish Cyfra+ do? Will it change to Nagravision Alladin? Some of Digital+ channels (include erotic Canal 18), broadcasts encrypted in Nagravision Alladin from the Hispasat satellite as a test. Showtime, Gran Vía 1-3, Historia, Sol Musica, Odisea, Hollywood and Mezzo available on frequency 12,226V (30W) use old Nagravision (ID 1800) and new Nagra (ID 1801). It is very interesting, why this channels are not available from Astra 1 satellite...

posted by sonic81 at 2004-03-22 12:43:38"

So will sky italia stop using seca 2 in the summer? NDSVideoguard would appear to be a very strong encryption so what is the chances of it being hacked if many of the channles move over to it? I think it will force the hackers to focus more on it and crack it if majority of channels start moving over to it. They have left it alone up to now i think because it is only primarily used in the UK. Is this the european videoguard version or uk? i know uk is not ment to be hacked but i thought european version was so maybe im getting mixed up, still its an interesting development.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the hackers have left it alone s*t*a*r*m*a*n, Sky UK would be the holy grail, but because it only uses dedicated receiver and the cards are very secure, it is more difficult than some of the others. Plus, it is possible that Seca2 was not hacked but leaked, perhpas The internal security in NDS is alo better.

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Beautiful Catalunya,Spain
Hi rolfw, why would SKY uk be a holy grail? I know 4 polish guys here, writing there own code for poland mainly but they apperently also working on Alladin, and they are good but when I asked them about $ky they told me that of course there is an interest in it in GB, but very little in the rest of europe. The general channels show more ads then program (and you´re PAYING for that),the movies are sometimes month later then in europe,the sport, with the ecxeption of cricet if you like it, can be seen on loads of other channels, premiere ligue from august complete on TPS live for a fraction of a sky sub, mature content not existant, and the only good channels like bbc and the independent TV for free anyway. So why bother? In the states NDS has been hacked some time ago, even if it´s not the exact same system, it does come close. When the first roumers of cracked cards apeared last summer, Murdy changed card immidiatly,no matter the cost, he got it anyway. I really belive we get a way better deal for half the money of a sky sub here in spain.
Of course only my point of view.........
sunny greatings
C

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Chrislloret, admittedly some of the Sky films are behind, but there are more of them overall and now there is far less repeating on the standard movie channels (I was told today). mature content, well yes I would agree with you, but is probably not the major consideration. The general package though, is bigger than pretty much all of the competition and has the advantage of all being in English, which has a generally wider appeal than say French, German or Spanish.

Perhaps the "Holy Grail" was a bit of an exaggeration though. :)

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Well, its true there are more films but quantity is not the same then quality.It is also true there are WAAAYYYYY more channels BUT if you deduct the shopping and timeshift channels there is not that much more.My girlfriend is english and we had sky for 4 years but after seing the same episodes of our english comedy for the 3rd run going we thought that 40GBP are better put elsewere.
I´m a sat installer here and believe me, mature content is a BIG seller. It is quite amazing to see how many systems are installed for that one. I think to do it yourself is still the best option,the mature content I mean, but the brits who come here for there retirement or what ever will ask for a sat system with the bbc,itv and please some mature content, the real stuff please.....
The english soundtrack seems not to be too importand there. Just look at the forums:
"All of italy is dark now", not true but the mature content primafila is and that IS all.....
Greetings up to england and still in hope for one more season of AbFab
C

chrislloret

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
@Reindeer:
Hi, first, red hot is not sky, its not in any package and basically ppv. D+ here got it in its regular programing and on ppv.
Second, well,I do not know if you ever seen red hot but some german commercials on free tv are hotter then that :) . Its not mature content but what in europe would be considered -16soft core.
Even the british Playboy Ch, hardcore over here, would be shown over here after 10pm without encription. I mean the contens,not the playboy channel.
I do not think that mature content is so important, but for a lot of people it is. Also, what in england is called mature content is considered erotic over here. Going down to my local beach you see more accion :)
sunny greetings
C

T

theReindeer

... red hot is not sky ...
Technically it is broadcasted by Sky transponders and it is contained in:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/skyuk.shtml

Maybe the parent company outsourced this kind of business to a subsidiary
in order to maintain its own puritan reputation. O-Ha
... I do not know if you ever seen red hot ...
It was FTA about 2 years ago for some weeks period ... :-righton
...Its not mature content...
..., what in england is called mature content is considered erotic over here ...
So it is belongs to the adult category, the rest his is a matter of interpretation :rolleyes:

imegs

Reaction score
is it true that there are people in thailand selling cloned s*ca 2 cards in public in order to avoid any paying to the original company? how does it work? are they expansive? someone came and offered me about the device but i dont really trust them cause i have no experienced in it but i wanna know more about it, can you guys help me out?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Have a read in tha cards and programmers section and the Seca/mediaguard section, there is a bundle of information there, also search for Sky Italia and Taquilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.