Croatia reception

Hessy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish, single lnb, skydigibox.
My Location
Croatia
I am in northern Croatia near Rijeka. I have a 90cm dish and am getting quite a few channels including Channel 4 & 5(on card), sky news , sky 3, cnn, golf channell etc. I am not picking up any BBC's. I can also get quite a few of the fta movie channels.I am wondering how I can get the freeview BBC's etc and if this is possible. I can get the listings as i tune in to the freeview BBC's but not the channels ?. Can also get many radio stations BBC's etc.
Any help pointers appreciated
:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think you're going to need something between a 1.5m and 1.8m dish for the BBCs and ITV channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A 2m dish should solve your problem! :eek:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive found 1 report for Croatia:

http://www.astra2d.com/croatia.htm

On the island of Krk a 1.8m is rather on the small side. To guarantee reception it looks like a 2.4m is nearer the mark.

You need to find a friendly installer who has an idea of the local conditions - funny things can happen in extreme fringe reception conditions.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Your dish is too small.
BBC and ITV are on Astra 2D which is tightly focussed on the UK.
Your dish needs to be MUCH bigger for 2D.

Hessy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm dish, single lnb, skydigibox.
My Location
Croatia
had a feeling I might need a 1.8 or 2m dish. Just wondering how i am getting the others i.e. ch 4 & 5 and ITV 3 etc as above. Am I tuned to a different sat other than Astra 2d. The thoughts of a 2m dish especially in the Bora winds is frightening.
thanks for all your help

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The satellites are co-located, but Astra 2D has a restricted beam and is aimed at the UK, the others are not so tightly focussed.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hessy said:
had a feeling I might need a 1.8 or 2m dish. Just wondering how i am getting the others i.e. ch 4 & 5 and ITV 3 etc as above. Am I tuned to a different sat other than Astra 2d. The thoughts of a 2m dish especially in the Bora winds is frightening.
thanks for all your help

If you look on lyngsat.com you will see what channels are on Astra 2D and what is on the other co-located satellites. Incidently ITV 3 is listed as being on 2D also, so you are either lucky or there is an unlisted ITV3 on one of the other sats in the cluster. What transponder frequency are you getting it on?

My biggest dish is only 90cm and it is very crudely mounted near to the ground in a very sheltered location between trees and fences. It does not get affected by the wind, which is just as well. Are you able to locate a larger dish in a sheltered location, closer to the ground? Dishes don't have to be high up necessariliy; you just need a clear view of the satelite. The required dish elevation for your location would be 36-37 degrees ish, which makes life a little easier to get over obstructions.