Tigger74

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD
Viasat
My Location
Manchester
Hi Folks,

I need a bit of advice on kit to get mainly Slovak tv through UPC on Thor 6 (I have tried to do a bit of homework before posting) so that my friends can watch slovak football and ice hockey in their own language

I have bought a generic 1.2m oval offset dish on ebay and already have a Technomate TM5400 reciever, I have also arranged through a friend to get a UPC card in time for the Poland v Slovakia game.

1. Will the dish size be ok even in bad weather, I live in central Manchester.... it rains alot!!!!!
2. Can anyone recommend a LNB to use with the dish to pick up Thor 6 K2
3. Does anyone have experience of using UPC cards on a TM5400, do I need a cam as I have seen some threads which say I do and others not.
4. My Viasat system has a twin feed which is then combined before the box. Have been told by one installer that I would need to do the same for UPC but my friend only has one feed into his box.

Any other comments or suggestions welcome

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Dishes vary a lot in terms of gain, ability to withstand buffeting and delivery through the post.

You will need a decent fixing point to keep everything steady on the wall, and since it's a 1.2 it's best to keep the system out of site of the neighbours.

An offset s best fitted with a dedicated feedhorn matched to the dish surface, but if you didn't get one in the box, then the integral horn (LNBF) units are going to be a compromise, so get the one with the maximum amount of adjustment with a long neck.