My Satellite Setup
fortec dimond 5100 ci,90 cm dish
My Location
doncaster
any one tell me what a nokia d-box is please

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
In most cases, a cable box, therefore they're not allowed to be discussed here... :)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Probably correct.

Where did you get the box from and what were you hoping to do with it?

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
dbox,was the first reveiver ,avalible in 1997,of the german pay tv operator DF1,now Premiere,i bought one,first day ,after relase ,it costs this time 7000 Austrian Schillings 500€:)

later the dbox 2 comes out,philiphs,and Sagem,Nokia!
same,for cable,but philiphs never makes cable boxes!

the tuner,of sagem box,is not very sensitive,Picture Quality,of Nokia is not so good,then on philiphs/sagem boxes!

stag

My Satellite Setup
My Location
doncaster
it is a satellite d-box that has been d-buged.i`v not got one yet i wanted to find out what i could pick up with it first.i have moved to france and want to pick up as many british channles as i can to keep the wife upto date with all her soaps.i can get most of them now but cannot get itv 2,ch 4 and ch 5.i have the chance of an old sky box but no card, is this a better road to go down.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The D-Box is no good for channel 4 and 5, the Sky digibox with a Freesat or expired subscription card will be fine.

There are still updates for the D-Box available, but they are not that popular nowadays. :)

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
,with a build it Multicam,the best one is that calles "digtal freedom",and nds compatible softcam,you can also watch video guard channels,like on dreambox!
or does channel 5,sending,no channel name?
the problem,of dbox 2 is ,when channel is nameless,it will not apear,in the search results!

stag

My Satellite Setup
My Location
doncaster
how do i get a free view expired subscription card from as i`m in france and dont have a british address

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look on ebay, they normally won't advertise the card, but if there is one, they normally take a picture with the card in the box. If not, then get one of your UK based friends to buy a freesat card for you.

stag

My Satellite Setup
My Location
doncaster
thank you every one for your help

2cvbloke

Bulbs need shelter too...
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I found a D-Box at the local repair shop where I just got my Kirby G5, the guy told me it's PSU had blown bigtime and wasn't economical for him to repair, but the owner's not collected it, but I don't know which version it was, and I don't have any need for one... :D