Danish TV in Cheltenham / Swindon area

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Is it possible to receive any of the 2 Danish packages in the Cheltenham / Swindon area (postalcode GL) i.e. ViaSat on Sirius (5E) or Canal Digital on Thor (1W) and what size of disc do you need?

Any recommendable dealers / installers in the area that could help with such an installation?

Original subscription card will be bought in Denmark.

Thanks
Pligs

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hello Pligs

Some professionals say that you need a 150cm dish for Viasat and 90cm for Canal Digital. I live in South East England and pick them both up with a 1 metre dish.

A good installer will do a survey first so that you don't end up with something that doesn't function.

Have a look at this web site _www.tvplace.co.uk

No doubt there are others but I know this one is respected.

Jimbo

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Thanks Jimbo,

Got someting to go on. Much appreciated

Pligs
:)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Couldnt they at least get their telephone number right on the shop front ?

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Hey Grass-Hopper are we being bitchy (for all we know he could be disslexic) (or how u spell it) with eyesight like yours dont you need a Sat meter, "just look up and spot the birds" DAVE.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Bitchy - Moi ?

Numbers were changed to 01***** a few years ago now

Unless its an old photograph (I doubt it since it incorporates The Satellite Place) someone should get a ladder and paint the '1' in Theyre bound to have a ladder somewhere if theyre ASA agents.

Makes it soooo much more profeshonal dont you think ?

Expat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD Freesat
Gibertini 150 cm dish for Astra 2D.
Technomate TM-1500 CI+ viewing Astra 2, Astra 1 and Hotbird
Sky receiver for FTV channels.
My Location
Copenhagen - Denmark
You best bet would be to go for the Danish channels on 1 degree west, there are two reasons for this:
1 The signal is much stronger in the UK, reaching north to the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
2 TV 2 Danmark is also here, you can not subscribe to this channel unlike DR1 & 2.
TV2 is for redistribution to cable head ends in Norway and for those out on the oil rigs. TV2 DK is also a regional channel, the one on satellite is TV2 nordjylland (North Jutland). Picture quality is not the best you will ever see, as the channel is picked up in Norway from a terrestrial transmitter in Denmark and then uplinked to satellite!
You will need to use a Season Interface or Magiccam and card, these will unlock all Canal Digital, DR 1 & 2, TV2 Danmark, TV2 Zulu,Tv Danmark 1 & 2. ALSO:
Norweigan tv (NRK 1& 2, TV Norge, TV 2 Norge) and all Swedish channels (SVT 1 & 2, SVT24, barnekanalen). SVT broadcasts on the Sirius satellites.
I use a Season Interface, cheap and easy!
Expat