Dargon Cam

S

shakeeb

hi all
i need some info about the dragon cam .i ve got a cam and and access card9 but dunno how to use it .
i would appreciate if someone can guide me the right direction .
its loaded with firecrypt.is it possible to use a subcard with dragon cam like IRDETO,VIACCESS,CRYPTOWORKS,NDS..pls advise.

thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi shakeeb,
you update the Dragon Cams firmware using the loader card, that came with your Cam, or a CAS 3. The latest firmware is Predator 3.41.
Can you please post more information, regarding your card programmer and loader card.
Best wishes
Mickha

cableman

Reaction score
shakeeb said:
hi all
i need some info about the dragon cam .i ve got a cam and and access card9 but dunno how to use it .
its loaded with firecrypt.is it possible to use a subcard with dragon cam like IRDETO,VIACCESS,CRYPTOWORKS,NDS..pls advise.

thanks
The access9 card is (I believe) a nine month sub to Xplus and Inxtc on Hotbird. Just put it in the cam (or sim slot if it has one) and it should open these channels.
I believe that the firecrypt it came with will support use of a number of official sub cards ,although someone will surely put me right if this is not true. If you want to open some channels by 'pirate solution' you need to load a 'dragon loader' card using a suitable programmer ( I have a Dynamite usb) then put the card in the cam and use the receiver menu to load the cam. You then remove the loader, restart the receiver, and more or less channels will open, (Depending on what is 'open' at that time with the predator version you have loaded). Atm there is less to see than there has been (D+, C*bo and P*lsat) have all gone down with the latest pred, but T*S, and Dig*turk and a number of smaller providers (eg Eurosport) are still open. There's lots of 'How to ' type stuff on the Dragon(Now marketed as T-rex) on this and other forums. Good luck.
open.

S

shakeeb

thanks for the help ..
i can't receive HB here i can only receive C-BAND tps i am from the Maldives .
so no use of the access card9.and also i don't have the loader card and cas interface .
i tried to use IRDETO-2/seca-2/NDS/ cards but until now no luck .
is there any procedure to use the sub card with this cam any special config pls adcise.

thanks to all for the support.
regards

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi shakeeb,
depending on where you bought your Dragon Cam, it has probably been shipped without any firmware loaded. You can test this by going into your receivers Cam menu and looking at the information, if it says Predator 3.41, or similar, then it can be used with cards, if not you need to load a version of Predator to get it working correctly.
Most Dragon Cams are supplied with a loader card unless you specifically select the Cam only, the loader card can be a Fun 7, or a PIC card with Dragon Loader on it.
Do you have a card programmer?
Please post back with what information your receiver supplies concerning your Cam.
Best wishes
Mickha

S

shakeeb

Hi Mickha,
many thanks when i insert the module to the receiver its says firecrypt (Not prediator) I don't have the programer i only got the module with the access card9 got it from Dubai its about $90.

i have a magic cam its working fine is it possible to use the magic module programer to program the dragon cam?

thanks
shakeeb

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi shakeeb,
the only way you can update the Dragon Cams firmware is with a loader card or a CAS 3. A fun 7 card is approx £11 and a programmer, an older infinity USB will work, approx £25 - £45, depending on model.
Perhaps you can get a member, who lives nearby, to program it for you, or you can try contacting your supplier, explain the situation, and see if they will help.
Best wishes
Mickha

cableman

Reaction score
shakeeb said:
hi all

thanks
Sorry about my mis-information I posted earlier. As Mickha has pointed out, it is necessary to load a version of predator firmware onto the cam in order to use official sub cards. Now I understand better. Regards, cableman.