Dave the pub landlords set up

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
Hi people, it's me again on the scrounge for info! Dave the landlord has managed to do a full factory reset on his system and lost the lot. Has anyone any experiance of setting up a GBsat reciever with usals and a Stab/usals mount? Can anyone point me in the direction of a "How To" or offer any advice? The punters are leaving in droves because he can't get the f**ty on and I kind of feel honour bound to try and sort it out for him because I talked him into it, he thinks I'm some kind of geniouse when I get it going and he is threatening to bar me if I can't get it going!!!!!
We've tried the unplug from the wall reset, setting east/west limits.looking up longitude and latitude settings so any help would set me on the road to a kind of "drinking" and "satellite" Nirvana.
Cheers in advance,

Dom.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
If there are no channels listed it could be a case for loading new firmware m8!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it was set up with 1 West as the due south satellite, you may be able to zero the motor in the setup menu and then go looking for the other sats, once you have found two, then the USALs should kick in and you can search for channels.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Mind you, if it affects Dave's trade that much, perhaps he ought to think about digging deeply into his pockets and pay for an installer to set it back up for him. ;)